$80K — $100K *
SUMMARY & VISION FOR THIS POSITION
The Account Supervisor leads and manages his/her accounts in collaboration with their supervisor; including staffing, profitability, and client satisfaction.
The Account Supervisors at Butler/Till are skilled marketing professionals that, in collaboration with their supervisor, oversee all aspects of an account or multiple accounts including account planning, media strategy/planning and account administration. He/she must manage and motivate direct reports and cross-functional teams to continually deliver exceptional work to our clients. He/she is focused on the client(s) business goals and actively pursues and presents creative ideas to help them meet their stated objectives.
Depending on the account structure (which may vary), the account supervisor may manage Account Executives or Associate Account Executives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable federal/state laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. In the event of not having direct reports, the Account Supervisor is likely to be overseeing the work of Account Executives or Associate Account Executives including providing training/mentoring, giving feedback and input into the performance appraisal process and development and tracking of SMART goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Responsible for the strategic direction and consultation on his/her accounts.
• Responsible for overall agency performance and general vitality of the agency/client relationship.
• Possess a deep understanding of the client’s business and category and builds similar understanding with agency.
• Possess deep understanding of all media types (traditional, digital, social, etc.) to lead/assist in developing marketing/media strategies and media recommendations for our clients (alongside account leadership, media and analytics).
• Apply proprietary and syndicated research tools to develop strategic and knowledge-based target/audience profiles, marketing/media strategies, media mix recommendations and budget allocation direction (tactic, audience, market, etc.). • • Organize and oversee primary research efforts when necessary.
• Develop and share client briefs to inform media strategy and plan development
• Lead the account forecast and oversee/manage account finances; provide updates on revenue projections and profitability to supervisor. Develop and lead measures to meet/exceed profitability and revenue goals.
• Oversee the process, with junior staff if necessary, for revisiting and potentially changing campaign strategy and media plan recommendations based on ongoing performance of campaign and/or shifting goals/objectives.
• Develop scope of work and manage in collaboration with account leadership, media and analytics
• Identify and develop new business ideas and organic growth opportunities within the account(s)
• Build and own relationships at appropriate client and agency partner level according to the client/agency relationship matrix
• Create and share Account Health Checkup process information with account leadership at identified cadence with focus on client/agency relationships, opportunities and threats and leverage agency resources to resolve and address.
• Contribute to and oversee, with junior staff as necessary, the ongoing maintenance of the account forecasting process with focus on meeting and exceeding identified financial goals.
• Pursue new ways to enhance overall agency and specific account profitability (e.g. process improvement)
• Lead the budget management and billing process to ensure accuracy and timeliness of client/campaign billing and adherence to budget parameters (in collaboration with other account, media and operations team members).
• Set clear team priorities; communicate brand objectives and strategies; anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks; define success in terms of the whole team.
• Actively participate in strategic media and creative client presentations, presenting to articulate Butler/Till’s point of view.
• Ensure successful adoption/utilization of Butler/Till’s processes and documentation guidelines
• Provide training support to new team members who are acclimating to the brand, technology and/or agency.
• Motivate and lead internal and external resources, build good relationships with various teams and keep them focused on quality deliverables, timelines and budgets.
• Present complex information both orally and in writing.
• Stay current of advertising trends (including social media, ad technologies, mobile, etc.)
• Facilitate teamwork by delegating and involving junior staff members whenever possible.
• Lead or assist senior leadership in developing proposals and gathering information for organic growth and new business opportunities.
• Proactively develop, support and participate in agency improvement initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 7+ years of experience in the marketing, advertising, and/or media field.
• Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Agency and/or media sales experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, Marketing or a related field. Master’s degree a plus.
• Knowledge or experience working with digital media is a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Microsoft Word, Excel (including pivot tables), and PowerPoint.
• Experience with media planning and research tools preferred (e.g., MRI, Kantar, comScore, Google AdWords/AdPlanner and website analytics).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
• Independent and self-directed yet also team-oriented.
• Very strong project management skills; must be well-organized with ability to multi-task.
• Flexible and intuitive personality who can manage increasingly complex internal and client relationships.
Valid through: 1/22/2021