- Maintain contact with key regional client(s) responsible for advertising programs.
- Develop and present market/district fiscal year marketing/advertising plan.
- Keep Account Director informed of status of client relations, including personnel changes and issues related to Agency performance.
- Assure that client(s) understands Agency procedures/systems. Obtain clear direction before taking action.
- Continuously work with AGM to sell in Regional advertising programs.
- Merchandise Nissan marketing/advertising efforts in district dealer meetings and in one-on-one dealership visits (when applicable).
- Present National and Regional creative, media plans, promotions, strategies, music, etc. at DMA meetings.
- Work with Region to review National model support, spot market support and district inventory levels to implement appropriate model mix.
- Work with Regional Marketing to determine DMA meeting advertising needs - anticipate needs and advise.
- On-going communication with Region regarding advertising opportunities/issues.
- Provide Region with value-added merchandising opportunities.
- Work with Nissan regional marketing specialists to fulfill needs.
- Update Region with National and Regional creative work.
- Work with Regions to provide ideas for supporting new vehicle launches.
- Attend monthly Regional marketing/advertising meetings. Write service reports covering each meeting and distribute to appropriate agency and regional people.
- Prepare materials for and participate in quarterly district meetings at the Region including Nissan National and Regional creative, media, and promotional plans.
- Monitor and report competitive spending/share of voice information.
- Develop market-specific new vehicle launch plans utilizing media-provided added value opportunities.
- Fulfill Regional research requests, as assigned.
- Advise Account Director as to in-market conditions.
- See that Account Executives, Assistant Account Executive, and Account Coordinator provide all appropriate information and direction to ensure efficient and productive use of their time and effort.
- Work with the creative team to develop the most effective method of presenting advertising to the client, as necessary.
- Responsible for district implementation of all creative campaigns.
- Ensure timely/accurate implementation of television, radio and print campaigns.
- Initiate process to develop creative appropriate for special projects/promotions.
- Be familiar with the Nissan Artwork website.
- Monitor production timetable.
- Forecast and maintain fiscal year advertising budget for each market assigned.
- Work with media planning in development of annual media plan.
- Discuss/review annual media plan with Regional management; obtain Regional management signoff.
- Provide accurate direction to planning and buying groups regarding changes in plans per client direction and approval of agency proposals/recommendations.
- Initiate media planning/buying process through use of media action request forms.
- Ensure all media projects/buys are implemented in an accurate and timely fashion.
- In coordination with media planning, present buy and post-buy recaps to Region.
- Work with media planning in identifying new media opportunities for assigned markets.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of local media environment.
- Provide monthly media updates including media budgets and media calendars.
- Report/Communicate value of National and Regional media placement within district (e.g., spot market listing grid).
- Communicate National new vehicle launch plans to Regions, where appropriate.
- Work with media group in development/implementation of Hispanic media plan, where necessary.
- Be familiar with the television and radio rankers for each market.
- Monitor budgets - review of ad expenditures and flow charts several times a month.
- Submit request from clients regarding media coverage and spill reports in order to answer legitimate client concerns.
- Review all launch decks as they become available.
- Work with Region should quarterly media changes be necessary.
- Interact with Regional Business Strategist and Account Planning in interpretation of time-sensitive business, marketing and communication information (i.e., R.L. Polk, BDI/CDI, and SOV).
- Work in conjunction with Regional Business Strategist to develop DMA specific reports/recommendations as necessary to Regions.
- Work with Regional Business Strategist in researching new model launch/ competitive segments (i.e., full-size truck) to develop DMA/Regional vehicle launch/communications strategies/plans for new and evolving vehicle segments.
- Identify opportunities within assigned DMAs and initiate strategic planning process to deliver recommendations to Region.
- Responsible for providing accurate direction to internal Account Executives.
- Update weekly status report to keep team up to date on status of all on-going projects.
- Participate in weekly status reportconference calls.
- Produce accurate and timely service reports.
- Provide daily agenda to Account Director.
- Attend Agency-provided seminars.
- Participate in new-employee training.
- Participate in presenting the Zimmerman University selections or to develop a new course module.
- Provide leadership to the account team. Encourage and motivate all members of the team.
- Assure efficient use of Agency time and resources on assigned account. Exercise primary responsibility for cost control to meet established budgets goals.
- Assure that proprietary and other sensitive information is handled with utmost confidentiality.
- Assist in educating AEs on their assigned markets.
- Solicit Agency resources to provide clients with best information.
- Provide day-to-day supervision of any assigned personnel, guiding workflow, and assuring compliance with Agency policy and fulfilling client requirements.
- Train and coach any subordinates, thereby helping them to grow in responsibility. Delegate increasingly challenging jobs to subordinates to facilitate their growth. Establish objectives to assure subordinates achieve requiredexperience/competency for promotion to the next level of Account Management.
- Participate in establishing appropriate objectives. Where delegated by Account Director, conduct objective-setting and evaluation sessions with subordinates (provide results to the Account Director).
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or relevant, equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years as a Sr. Account Executive or Account Supervisor in a full service agency
- Media savvy - print, tv, radio, and interactive
- Must be computer literate with proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook/Express with the ability to learn new computer systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with people at all levels of an organization
- Proven leadership abilities and managerial experience