Why You'll Love the Team:
The Account Services Manager will possess great consultative skills, have deep sector knowledge, detailed product knowledge, and will understand the ecosystem of the APM customer (i.e. knowing what role their service plays within the customer’s company).
The core of the Account Services Manager role is not to manage individual tickets but to monitor them and keep pulse of how the customer is doing.
This position plays a critical role in developing and maintaining high customer satisfaction and requires a tactful, driven professional who is comfortable working with all levels of customer sophistication while also collaborating cross-functionally with the Appfolio Implementation, Product and Sales and Marketing teams as needed.
The ideal Account Services Manager is customer-focused, operationally excellent, and a critical thinker who leverages data and relationships to provide increasing value to our customer, ultimately helping them to achieve their business goals and objectives.
- Be the key advocate for your customer portfolio with a focus on increasing adoption, ensuring retention and satisfaction and reducing churn.
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with the customer executive sponsors as well as key roles in the organization to gain a 360-degree view of the customer’s use cases, satisfaction, and value perceived from AppFolio Property Manager.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of the customer's key business objectives and provide valuable insight into how to use APM’s suite of products and services to achieve those goals
- Develop and collaboratively monitor success plans that outline customer’s business goals and objectives.
- Provide and collaborate with the customer on the attainment of objectives driving higher adoption and value of the tools.
- Monitor and track customer health through data-based health scores and the information that you can obtain through relationships with the customer. Leverage this information to openly discuss and mitigate risks, as well as capitalize on areas to increase advocacy.
- Advocate for and represent the customer’s interests to all areas of AppFolio. Proactively identify and suggest resolutions for any customer issues as they arise.
- Understand, discuss and measure return on investment based on products currently leveraged and act as the customer’s trusted advisor on how to continually improve upon that.
- Prepare and conduct regular Executive Business Reviews with customers in your portfolio, including relevant content and participants to help advance the customer’s business goals and objectives.
- Develop a trusted relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers, including executives, understanding and responding to customer needs to ensure accounts are referenceable and renewable
- Contact customers on a regular basis to maintain excellent relationships for the purpose of increasing customer satisfaction and obtaining intent to renew
- Primary escalation point and advocate for critical customer issues, collaborating with other departments as needed
- Understanding of software issues and ability to communicate options for troubleshooting and workarounds
- Coach customers to ensure they are leveraging the features and functionality of the
- Facilitate and lead executive level meetings to review progress
- Gather information on key business metrics, business and technical contacts, details from customer’s implementations for better understanding of customer’s product use
- 5+ years of Customer Success or Client Relationship Management or Account Management.
- 3+ years of work experience with cloud computing, hosting, and/or SaaS environments.
- Proven expertise within the property management industry is preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter who understands and values a team environment
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Has the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate at all levels to achieve win-win situations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Goal oriented, self-starter, able to work independently, but also a team player
- Proactive learner and creative problem solver who enjoys being in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project and task-management skills.
- Focused on exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to analyze a situation, define key objectives, and recommend action plans
- Must possess a client-focused attitude with the ability to act as a client advocate when escalating and resolving issues.
- Ability to present to executives, as well as small and large groups of people.
- Accountable for self and others.
- Driven to succeed.