Account Services Manager - Account Services Mgt, Richmond - Markets Group
Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
The New York Fed, on behalf of the Federal Reserve System, offers correspondent banking and custody services to central banks, monetary authorities and certain international organizations to facilitate their official financial operations. The Central Bank and International Account Services (CBIAS) area of the New York Fed's Markets Group serves the U.S. dollar reserve management needs of its official international customers by offering payment, custodial, clearing and settlement, collateral management, and investment and liquidity services. With more than $3.0 trillion of custodial holdings, representing about half of global U.S. dollar-denominated foreign reserves, CBIAS offers financial services that directly support the Bank’s role in international affairs, as well as monetary policy and financial stability. CBIAS currently runs a split operation with staff located at two locations, New York City and Richmond, Virginia.
The Account Services Management (ASM) staff is one of four units in the Customer Account Services (CAS) directorate within CBIAS. The CAS directorate is responsible for relationship management, service administration, investment and liquidity management, customer trend analysis and market intelligence activities. The CAS directorate is currently seeking a Responsibility Manager for the ASM staff. ASM plays a pivotal role in the administration of the CBIAS business by managing the introduction of new services and formulating service guidelines, while coordinating with legal and compliance groups to manage the riskassociated with these activities.
Working closely with ASM’s Staff Coordinator and other team members, the Responsibility Manager will supervise the organization and execution of daily activities to ensure that they are conducted in an efficient and well-controlled manner. More specifically the ASM Responsibility Manager will:
- Manage service roll-outs or broad communications (such as legal terms updates) to all CBIAS account holders by organizing initial communications, tracking customer responses, and updating relevant stakeholders on progress.
- Contribute towards the formation of business and service policies, geared towards service/product development, technological enhancements, contingency planning, risk reduction, and/or improved customer service
- Evaluate proposed new account usage and account opening requests
- Oversee operational activities related to the maintenance of customer static data and account eligibilities
- Manage the CBIAS customer website and the other external facing on-line services
- Contribute towards the effort to obtain requisite tax certifications from CBIAS customers, develop a more permanent repository of this critical information, and organize workflows to fulfill income reporting and ensure compliance with IRS regulations.
- Oversee analyst assignments, coach and mentor staff, contributing to their development and goal setting processes. Contribute to the on-boarding and training processes for new team members.
- Maintain specialized account services, administration, management and operation of non-standard accounts.
- Masters’ Degree or equivalent work experience in business, economics, policy or a related discipline.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience, including knowledge of banking operations and relationship management.
- Demonstrated aptitude for account management responsibilities with strong attention to detail, and ability to anticipate and resolve issues as they arise.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with proven ability to recommend ways to enhance customer relations, account management, operational efficiencies, contingency preparedness, and analytical work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to extract key points while providing concise, articulate, and insightful analysis and recommendations in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead complex projects and/or processes, with an emphasis on creating strong team dynamics and a proven track record of driving results while balancing competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact and collaborate effectively with team members, peers, senior management, and external parties. Strong ability to maintain composure during stressful situations and build consensus in achieving results.
- Strong sense of initiative and intellectual curiosity.
- Flexibility to travel to New York site on a periodic basis.
The specific salary grade will be based on the individual’s skills, experience and current salary grade. Flexible work arrangements are available after an initial training period.
Screening Requirement: This position has additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The screening areas such as education/employment verification, criminal history, credit history, and reaches out to your references and people that know you well.
This position requires access to Federal Open Market Committee Data, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization and U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
The Federal Bank of New York is committed to a diverse workforce and to providing equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
Account Services Manager - Account Services Mgt, Richmond - Markets Group-251159