Req ID: 46422
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
The Services team has a strong record of meeting high performance standards while implementing complex global enterprise solutions that deliver real value. We accomplish this through the combination of experienced consultants with a unique implementation approach and culture. Our enterprise consultants possess deep industry expertise, process proficiency, and technology skill, gained through numerous successful implementations. This experience and expertise, combined with our lean, cross-life cycle methodology, helps ensure solutions that deliver real value for our customers.
The Desktop Support Specialist will be responsible for performing various managed client services for a strategic customer. These services include: IMAC, Break Fix, Desk Side Support, etc. This role combines strong technical skills with an emphasis on delivery high level of customer service.
This position will be a Client based position.
- Executes and leads service delivery (IMAC, Break Fix, Desk Side Support) according to Client policies & procedures
- Utilizes advanced tools / technical knowledge to remediate customer problems
- Lead/manage projects with input from leadership and prepare documentation to record and track project status
- Performs advanced trouble-shooting techniques to address complex technical issues
- Proactively identifies risks and potential issues that could adversely impact End User experience, develops solutions and follows through on action steps
- Coordinates with vendors, additional technical contacts, end users on expectations, availability, and readiness on issue resolution
- Makes recommendations for process improvements within the department
- Leads the installation of multiple solutions
- Independently assesses and adjusts technical solutions based on the specific client issue
- Works autonomously in providing on-site technical support to clients
- Will distribute workload among team members and provide team leadership and mentoring
- Serves as an escalation and issue resolution point for other onsite technicians
- Manages escalated client situations with a focus on building positive client relationships. Makes the determination whether to further escalate according to Client service management processes on issues that impact a Client End User and/or entire operation at site.
- Accountable for meeting Client service level agreements/objectives and customer satisfaction goals
- Provides technical feedback to Level 1 Service Desk on technical / process issues that can be used to improve overall service delivery
- Reviews, troubleshoots, and approves operational quality desktops, notebooks, printers, and associated peripherals
- Installs, maintains, and optimizes desktop/notebook configurations at Client site
- Ensures customer satisfaction by instructing them in operation and maintenance of the system as well as advising on preventative maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance
- 6+ years of deskside supportexperience
- Team lead experience
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts (Account Leadership, Architects, Employees, Vendors, Customers)
- Proficient in Windows OS environment with additional knowledge of Unix/Linux and Mac OS environments
- Must have the ability to receive calls during the normal business day and after hours
- Physically be able to lift and move Enterprise and Client technology hardware in Client environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with emphasis in customer services, including experience handling difficult customer and conflict resolution
- MCP, MCSE, CNE or Network+ certification
- Knowledge of a variety of Service Industry ticketing/work order generating and tracking systems (Service Now, Remedy, OPAS v2/v3, etc.)
- Asset Management experience
- Itil v3 Foundations Certification
- 6+ Years Prior Desktop Support Experience
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.