A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
About the role
Functional Ingredients & Actives
The Functional Ingredients and Actives (FI&A) division presents a remarkable combination of technical capabilities, innovative applications, and consumer insight understanding. FI&A supports Kerry’s alignment with industry trends such as nutrition, clean label and food safety, while the vast portfolio of advanced technologies serves the food, animal nutrition, biotech, fermentation, nutritional supplements and pharmaceutical markets.
Key responsibilities of the role are summarized below:
- Manage and grow the existing GanedenBC30 & Wellmune business in North America by working with our food, beverage and supplement customers.
- This will entail customer visits in the field
- Manage and grow our the existing GanedenBC30 & Wellmune business with our direct customers
- Build a robust opportunity pipeline in both the nutritional supplements and functional food channels for GanedenBC30 & Wellmune / new technologies that Kerry brings to market either through organic development or new acquisitions by:
- Leveraging Kerry’s “go to market” footprint in priority product categories, for example mainstream functional beverages (e.g. juices and vitamin enhanced waters), nutritional Beverages (sports, adult and child nutrition), nutritional bars, dairy and gummies.
- Build an awareness of Kerry’s emerging presence in the dietary supplements category by:
- Being a strong ambassador / educator internally within the Kerry organization
- Externally: Developing strong customer alliances and promoting the presence of Kerry in this category via participation at key industry events (e.g. tradeshows, seminars, conferences)
- Provide commercial leadership in developing Kerry’s growth plans into the functional food & beverage and dietary supplements category in North America.
- Identify emerging trends, develop insights on how Kerry can participate in the growth of this sector, either via organic (internal) developments, or targeted strategic acquisitions
Qualifications and skills
Requirements for this position
- Driven and highly motivated to get out in the field to unearth new growth opportunities
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong execution skills, yet displaying the potential/ability to adopt a strategic approach
- Displays a passion for the functional food & beverage and nutritional supplements category and has a keen interest in the topics of nutrition and general wellness.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the category
- The ideal candidate will have strong insights on the North America food, beverage and dietary supplements category, with excellent industry knowledge, has developed a strong network of contacts and is becoming recognized as an emerging talent/leader.
- Strong ability to work via multiple internal stakeholders in a matrix structure.
- Commercially driven with an aptitude to deliver business growth.
- High performer with a strong track record in delivering sales growth.
- Life Science / Business qualified, at Masters level will be an advantage.
- This position will require approximately 35% travel