The Ideal Candidate
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, our ideal candidate must be committed to achieving superior results with integrity and sustaining our safe and positive work environment.
- Communicate with customers on a daily basis regarding their needs and expectations of our products and services.
- Process orders efficiently and accurately for customers.
- Satisfy customer inquiries regarding: order status, product availability, product specifications, shipping documents, product safety, etc.
- Work closely with Sales, Business Teams, Transportation, carriers, and the plants/terminals for the purpose of completing sales transactions.
- Act as a resource for assigned Sales Managers regarding the daily activity of shared accounts.
- Coordinate the most cost-effective mode of transportation, including product sourcing from Nutrien plants, terminals and warehouses.
- Organize, plan and confirm shipment schedules.
- Manage rail detention billing.
- Communicate product availability and loading hours/outages to customers and carriers.
- Assist customers and Sales team with ad-hocreporting requirements.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills and aptitude to excel in a team environment.
- Experienced in a variety of software programs and applications with an aptitude to learn new systems.
- High attention to detail and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize deliverables.
- Capacity to identify pain points in processes/systems and recommend and implement possible solutions.
- Possess strong problem resolution and analytical skills along with the ability to exercise independent decision-making within established guidelines.
- Solid understanding of Customer Service processes and procedures and how transactions flow through and report in the various systems.
- Preference will be given to individuals with an Agricultural, Marketing or Business related 4 yeardegree.
- A passion for customer service and a minimum of 5+ years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly MS Excel, is required.
- Working knowledge of SAP is a strong asset.
Additional Comments /Information:
- Seasonal overtime will be required during peak periods.