The account planner works closely with relationship managers, project managers, the creative team, and internal MassMutual business partners to define client goals and drive insights that shape project solutions. The planner should be a progressive thinker who can own the detailed requirements gathering and definition process by leveraging an understanding of technology trends, media channels, the competitive landscape, and customer insights. The planner incorporates the consumer’s point of view into the strategy of all marketing campaigns through the development of comprehensive creative briefs. The planner then supports the creative team in defining unique solutions that ultimately yield an integrated digital brand experience.
The ideal candidate with have experience in marketing or creative strategy at an advertising, design or communications agency. They will be consumer focused and will thrive in a fast-paced environment. Successful candidates will enjoy the challenge of working in a “start-up” department.
This position has no direct reports.
- Eliciting and capturing user and business requirements for solution design
- Conceiving, researching, presenting, and implementing high-level integrated strategies based on client objectives and target audiences
- Working with the client and the account team to identify the business goals of our clients
- Provide user and client insights by information gathering through primary and secondary research
- Building successful relationships and identifying new opportunities with existing clients and business units
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to seek creative ideas and provide input
- Keeping ahead of the latest trends to implement best practices and promote client understanding of emerging concepts, technologies and their potential benefit
- Continually build understanding and knowledge of clients’ business and competitive environments
- Effectively develop a full range of written materials including creative briefs, points of view and presentations
- Maintains industry experience and knowledge of client’s business to develop strategies that will impact client business in a positive and measurable manner
- Bachelor’s Degree; advanced degree in business or marketing is a plus
- Approximately 7 years of related agency experience
- Areas of Experience: Secondary research, primary research methods, business strategy, creative strategy, marketing strategy, social media engagement strategy, digital content strategy, and a demonstrated passion for connecting the physical and digital worlds
- A passion for formulating marketing solutions; self-starter who thrives on expanding business opportunities and client success
- Self-starting, marketing thinker who thrives on achieving client success
- Understanding of integrated capabilities including print, digital, OOH, social, and broadcast
- Exceptional writing and presentation talents
- Excellent client management and interpersonal/communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in future