Account Marketing Manager(
Grant Thornton is a collaborative, entrepreneurial firm on the move! As part of a dynamic, global organization of more than 47,000 people serving clients in more than 130 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes to be a leader
Account Marketing Senior Manager & Midwest Region Marketing Leader
Account marketing senior managers are experienced marketers that work as part of a team of marketing professionals at Grant Thornton that operate within an account-based marketing (ABM) methodology to engage and drive revenue with targeted accounts/clients/executives through relationship-building & brand-building activities, campaigns and programs.
The account marketing team is accountable, among other responsibilities, for executing individual ABM plans for prioritized accounts in Grant Thornton’s regions, as well as for executing an overarching ABM plan for the region’s broader account portfolio. The Midwest Region Marketing Leader leads a team of account marketing professionals within one of the firm’s six regions to develop marketing strategies & tactics for the individual account marketing plans and the region’s marketing plans.
In the development & execution of the individual account and regional ABM plans, account marketing senior managers and their teams focus on driving national marketing programs & assets to the accounts in the region, as well as building customized & personalized programming and campaigns directly for an account or small group of accounts. Campaigns & programs might include live or digital events (content-driven, hospitality/sports marketing, etc.), social media engagement, or CSR involvement, among others.
The Midwest Region Marketing Leader engages directly with Grant Thornton senior executives (regional leaders, service line leaders, account team leaders, etc.) that are mobilized around the target/client accounts to drive forward engagement and revenue in alignment with Grant Thornton’s growth strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- ABM Alignment to Business Objectives – develop an overarching ABM strategy, plans & tactics for individual client accounts and for the account portfolio in a region that aligns with Firm and regional growth priorities and strategy.
- Agent of Change – align to Grant Thornton ABM strategy and ensure that overall M&S efforts are successful. ABM is a relatively new approach for Grant Thornton so it is critical for account marketers and regional marketing leaders to be adoption leaders, keeping a positive attitude and working closely with teams to be successful.
- National Campaign Execution – drive the effective implementation & execution of national marketing campaigns and programs direct to the account level. Be a connector – understand the account’s needs & the firm’s assets and connect the two. Ensure that industry, service line & client program initiatives are integrated in to the region & account plans – and that they are implemented with an eye at engagement and driving a high-degree of cross-sell and other revenue.
- Collaboration, Innovation & Creativity – work with numerous team members across M&S (digital, content, ABM, comms, design, BDEs, etc.) to develop and execute impactful and innovative ABM programs, communications, initiatives & campaigns centered on driving engagement & revenue with prioritized accounts. Proactively provide feedback to national marketing counterparts regarding effectiveness of campaigns & opportunities for deeper engagement with regional accounts through enhancements to campaigns.
- Help Build the ABM Team’s Culture – actively seek opportunities to engage with team members through meetings, ABM campaign/program execution, and 1:1 opportunities to help build a culture of collaboration & impact.
- Measurement & ROI evaluation – commit to a hyper-focus on impact & contribution, doing so by leading, in conjunction with regional marketing leader peers and the head of account marketing, consistent KPI measurement and evaluation of ROI at the account level, program/campaign level & at the regional level. Ensure activities, revenue, engagement, etc. is tracked in our CRM database.
- Communication – effectively communicate (oral, written and interpersonal) with internal client-serving stakeholders, clients & other external contacts, ABM team members, marketing leadership and other M&S stakeholders.
- Project Management – lead the team to manage & execute complex, multi-channel marketing programs & campaigns designed to drive revenue with accounts or small groups of accounts. Manage with high contribution & impact while juggle competing priorities and stakeholders.
- Intellectual Curiosity/Learning Mentality – actively seek out opportunities to learn from team members and others within the M&S organization; demonstrate a desire to advance mktg acumen and understanding of the business. Serve on a regional or national taskforce or special project. Constantly look for points of intersection between the business, marketing initiatives, & business development priorities, and offer solutions for greater impact.
- Market Research – demonstrate strong capabilities in data analysis & market research that drive decision-marking for change, for account marketing plan development, and for regional ABM programs/campaigns/initiatives, among others.
- ABM-based Eminence – help direct the selection of sponsorships and partner involvement in civic and professional associations based on regional ABM plans to achieve increased awareness of Grant Thornton in the community by priority account executives. Effectively evaluate alternatives and communicate costs, benefits and risks of these initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related discipline.
- Minimum 8-10+ years of marketing or related experience; ideally 5+ years in professional services, consulting, financial services or other B2B marketing with a focus on ABM, events mgmt., relationship building/networking
- Proven skills working in a matrixed organization and collaborating with internal and external groups, particularly those in senior level/executive management.
- Has a strong foundation in writing and communications, as well as presentations, ROI reporting, and a variety of marketing functional areas (digital, social, content, design, etc)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; communicates well with all levels of management; comfortable advising and coaching partners of the firm.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of MS (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with a CRM system (MS Dynamics)