Account Manager, West
The Account Manager role is responsible for managing the company's relationships with its existing customers throughout the ownership Lifecyle of our products. The Account Manager will provide the Accuray Install Base (IB) accounts with individualized service, resources, strategic input and partnership to ensure maximum utilization & ROI of technology. By utilizing Accuray's Account Management program, our customers will expand clinical capabilities, treatment indications, increase referring physician volume, drive patient/consumer awareness and demand of technology and expand geographic catchment areas.
The Account Manager will work closely with the Territory Sales Director (TSD) to form strategic partnerships with IB accounts through a consultative and programmatic approach, post-sale/install. They will identify and present program growth opportunities to the IB that will establish differentiation of technology in the market and ultimately drive the need and desire for machine upgrades and new sales.
They are responsible building long-term relationships with company and are a key resource to the TSD that will allow the TSD to focus their time on new vault and customer opportunities. Tasks could involve strategic planning, customer support, coordination of clinical education events and marketing initiatives.
- Operates as the point of contact for assigned customers
- Works closely with TSDs and Clinical Sales Directors (CSD) to sell upgrades and trade-in, trade-up systems
- Develops and maintains long-term relationships with accounts
- Communicates client needs and demands to TSD and management
- Forecasts and tracks defined account metrics
- Manage projects within client relationships, working to carry out client goals while meeting company goals
- Identifies opportunities to grow business with existing clients
- Collaborates with sales team and other commercial resources to support customers' needs
- Service multiple clients concurrently, often meeting deadlines
- Keep records of client transactions in Salesforce (SFDC)
- Provide strategic recommendations to IB sites and assist IB in developing growth plans that will increase referral volume, consumer awareness and machine utilization
- Proactively provide new data, case studies, and collaterals that will support IB sales outreach; provide talking points/messaging to physician-facing sales/BD staff
- Engage in regular communication and collaboration with sales, marketing, and patient access teams; establish relationships with field service engineers
- Continually expand clinical acumen and stay up-to-date on industry news and trends by participating in industry conferences, establishing sources of industry updates, training on technology and disease-site specific data
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of Account Management or Practice Development Experience
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time
- Client-focused solutions experience
- Motivated, desire to learn and educate themselves on the market, products and competition
- Leverages relationships to further business objectives and uncover new business opportunities
- Project management and excellent time management skills
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales plans
- Highly experienced in network/referral development for hospitals and physician groups; skilled at influencing key decision makers including physicians and administration
- Proven success working collaboratively with internal resources
- Ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Presentation ability
- Be customer focused, drive operational excellence, build trusting relationships, and work with a sense of urgency.