TGS provides multi-client geoscience data to oil and gas Exploration and Production companies worldwide. In addition to extensive global geophysical and geological data libraries that include multi-client seismic data, magnetic and gravity data, digital well logs, production data and directional surveys, TGS also offers advanced processing and imaging services, interpretation products, permanent reservoir monitoring and data integration solutions.
The Account Manager, directly generates revenue by acting as the primary Company representative selling well data solutions to new and current users within an assigned territory. The job requires face-to-face contact with customers and may involve some level of travel. This position assists management in devising sales plans and strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages renewals and maintains current customer accounts.
- Sells geological well data solutions to new and current customers within a geographic area and/or an assigned list of accounts to achieve and exceed allocated revenue objectives. Responsible for managing mainly the medium to large Operator accounts
- Provide sales presentations to existing and/or prospective customers to determine solution needs and provide follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for creation, implementation and execution of Sales Action Plan. Generates and maintains creditable forecasts and a pipeline for assigned accounts, customer contacts and feedback through wins/losses within the company customer relationship management system.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of Company and current and/or prospective customer records and business activities. Remains knowledgeable of company's product and service solutions to facilitate sales efforts.
- Serves as a liaison between customers and appropriate company departments to resolve customer issues such as accounts receivable.
- Qualifies potential customers, builds rapport and establishes trust, asks questions to discover client business needs, applies product and market knowledge effectively, presents solutions that meet customer objectives, manages and documents sales process.
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, supports and explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decision.
- Clarifies interests and positions of all parties, adjusts tactics to achieve desired results, manages conflict, manipulation and strong emotions, develops alternative options for mutual gain, builds consensus through give and take.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Takes responsibility for own safety, and complies with all instructions given regarding health, safety and the protection of the environment.
- Ensures the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment as required and reports any hazards, accidents or injuries to immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in Geoscience, Business, Sales, Marketing or related field or equivalent training is required.
- 5+ years of related sales experience is required.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Previous successful experience selling commercial well and value added products to Oil and Gas industry and experience developing new business for new product rollout a plus.
- Established industry contacts and business relationships a plus.
- Previous successful experience as a Project Manager a plus.
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Heavy telephone usage.
- Excellent knowledge of Company’s products, software pricing practices and selling skills.
- Excellent time management, communication, and organizational skills.
- A self-starter, able to work well independently.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Must be a proactive, self-motivated individual.
- Detail oriented.