Account Manager - Variable Annuities, Key Accounts
Job ID #: 17230
The Key Accounts investment professional will provide relationship and investment coverage for the strategic Variable Annuity (VA) clients. This individual will cover senior executives in product, distribution and investment research at our insurance partners. In addition, the individual will cover select Defined Contribution (DC) record keeping relationships and provide senior level relationship coverage of complex financial institutions, including but not limited to C-suite contacts.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and execute business plans designed to increase shelf space for PIMCO strategies on key VA and select DC platforms in line with client demand to drive revenue growth
- Actively engage distribution business leaders to understand strategic growth goals and to position PIMCO off-the-self and custom strategies
- Support our client’s product and research groups in the review of PIMCO strategies, ensuring they remain in good standing on distribution platforms
- Deliver VA and DC expertise to clients related to market trends, product design and solutions. Articulate themes supportive of PIMCO thought leadership and position new solutions
- Work closely with colleagues in both field sales and home office coverage to ensure timely dissemination of information sharing and highlighting key opportunities
- Orchestrate PIMCO resources to close new business opportunities
- Identify market opportunities and contribute to the development of new products and strategies related to such opportunities
- Support the development of VA and DC specific marketing and servicing materials to support the retention and growth of assets
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience with outstanding knowledge of the Variable Annuity landscape as well as experience in covering complex financial institutions
- Experience in leading the coverage of strategic VA relationships as well as coordinating overall coverage of Insurance companies
- Strong existing relationships with the major VA carriers including senior executives in product, research and distribution
- Deep knowledge of VA and DC trends, key competitors, capital markets, and economics
- MBA from an accredited, leading business school or university and/or CFA preferred
- Series 7, 63, and 3
- PIMCO product knowledge
- Ability to communicate information effectively with external clients, as well as within the firm’s demanding and highly focused environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively across all key groups of the firm
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
*This position can be based in either Newport Beach, CA or New York, NY*
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs.
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.