Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 160 days ago
Summary of the Role
The function of the Account Manager is to successfully develop and strengthen Company relationships with customers, identifying needs and opportunities within and across product lines and providing value to customers while strengthening business results. Works as part of a collaborative team to drive sales by focusing on acquisition, development, retention and management of strategic clients in designated territories.
· Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures
· Promotes and sells company products, systems, and services to new and existing customers
· Researches and reports marketplace and competitive information for sales strategy planning
· Develops personal sales objectives and strategies with management and successfully achieves budgeted sales goals
· Builds and maintains strong relationships with new sales prospects, existing customers, and internal support personnel
· Partners with Service Center teams to provide sales solutions; quotes and processes orders
· Assists A/R personnel in creating and establishing new accounts and follows up on collections
· Coordinates with Customer Service Representatives and Service Center management to keep account activities updated
· Monitors delivery date commitments and expedites where appropriate
Skills and Abilities
· Possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact with customers, and team-members in a professional manner
· Strong organizational and communication skills, above average mechanical aptitude, and the ability to interaction with a diverse customer base
· Presentation skills with ability to read audience and tailor message to its needs
· Requires a proficiency in math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in units of measure. Additionally, must be able to perform calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
· Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to successfully operate tools and machinery
· 3-7 years of proven outside industrial sales experience
· University degree in engineering, business or related area of study preferred; will consider equivalents
· A valid driver’s license, and a clean driving record are required.