At Esri, our account managers are part of a highly-skilled team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your passion for the defense industry and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the national government defense account team, supporting the US Air Force. We're looking for individuals who are customer-oriented and collaborative. We seek team members who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges the US Air Force faces. You'll work closely with a team that helps our customers take advantage of geospatial technology to find unique solutions hidden within complex defense and intelligence problems.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for US Air Force C4/ISR organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate US Air Force knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for key US Air Force C4/ISR organizations. Understand DoD budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the defense industry and specific workflows within the US Air Force space. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Establish time-driven goals that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated and resourceful and take initiative to resolve issues. Be creative in your ability to communicate successfully with non-Air Force team members.
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to businesses
- 8+ years of experience supporting US Air Force C4/ISR missions and organizations
- Experience in managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Ability to effectively translate knowledge of the defense industry and new technology trends into real solutions for US Air Force customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of the defense industry's fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
- US citizenship and ability and willingness to obtain a security clearance
- Bachelor's in GIS, geography, business administration, a related field, or equivalent USAF work experience