Job Purpose: The Public Sector Account Manager’s primary focus is to build and grow UDT’s client portfolio in the education market by establishing new business relationships and enhancing existing customer base. The Sales Account Manager is responsible for proactively identifying opportunities through the generation of leads and establishes a continuous pipeline to increase year over year revenues and gross margins.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities: • Identifies leads and generates new business opportunities for the provision of I.T. products and services solutions. Responsible for the management of the full sales cycle for each client.
• Maintains existing client relationships, identifies existing needs and cultivates a partnership to help grow and maximize new business opportunities
. • Manages account portfolio and establishes short-term, mid-term, and long-term opportunity management.
• Negotiates with peers, partners and customers using a win/win philosophy.
• Works in partnership with the sales support personnel to attain best pricing quotes and help close deals.
• Involves engineers in client meetings and collaborates in providing best solution for the client.
• Serves as liaison with vendor manufacturer field sales representatives and maintains solid and credible business relationships with each. Promotes the sale of vendor/manufacturer products and UDT’s Services.
• Developing sales strategies, preparing presentations, preparing proposals and quotes and presenting I.T. solutions to the client.
• Provides accurate and timely forecasting data and updates to quota attainment to management. Generally forecasting expected business deal closings 30 to 60 days out.
• Documents and manages results of won, lost or pending business.
• Handles escalations and participates directly in complex sales situations to negotiate and/or resolve disputes to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Participates in meetings and solutions discussions as needed.
• Assists the Finance Department with collections matters.
• Enters opportunities in systems as needed.
• Engages senior leaders in sales opportunities to help close deals as needed.
• Continuously researches and stays abreast of technology trends to ensure that UDT’s competitive advantage goals are met. • Responds daily to phone calls and emails in a professional and timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus at least 3 years of sales experience in related industry
• Experience in selling I.T. solutions, with an excellent understanding of relating the technology’s value to a customer’s business needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
• Must have the ability to influence individuals to obtain maximum results.
• Technically savvy and moderate understanding of product knowledge of I.T. hardware, software and solutions.
• Ability to develop reports, recommendations, proposals, presentations and other documents.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
• Must be able to work well under pressure.
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must be results-oriented, creative and energetic.
• Must have a positive attitude; be self-motived, confident and tenacious.
• Ability to work independently and as a team to solve problems.
• Must have strong work ethic and be able to meet assigned goals.
• Must be able to travel as needed. Judgment Skills: Position requires continuous use of independent judgment and effective sales competencies to support solid business practices to sustain and grow the business. Freedom of Action: Able to manage the day to day activities with minimal supervision while obtaining appropriate assistance as required. Self-motivated and able to establish own priorities to meet deadlines and department objectives. To independently identify and proactively engage in networking opportunities or events that will result in business opportunities.