Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal wellbeing. That's why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
- Develop relationships with customers
- to sell,
- determine needs,
- fact find,
- recommend, and
- give best top-notch customer care over the phone possible!
- Provide quotes.
- Manage accounts for the All Battery Centers.
- Prospect and sell to new accounts.
- Service all commercial account battery needs and issues with a friendly attitude and competitive prices.
- 70% - make telesales calls every day, get new accounts and sell as much as possible. Achieve 220 minutes + on telephone.
- 15% - quotes, paperwork (including adding and running numbers and reports).
- 15% - entering orders.
- Achieve quality goals set by Sales department.
- Strategizing with store managers on game plans for reaching sales goals.
- Utilizing ?Hot Buttons? to further develop customer relationships.
- Run cash accounts.
- Develop and maintain cooperative, professional relationships with customers, store managers, co-workers and supervisory staff
- Demonstrate flexibility in adjusting to periodic changes in customer assignments and in achieving departmental goals
- People skills-ability to communicate, work and deal with all personalities.
- Sales skills or ability to develop sales skills.
- Computer and typing experience very helpful.
- Common sense.
- Positive attitude.
- Prior computer knowledge (typing skills).
- Ability to articulate clearly.
- Able to successfully complete battery training provided by Interstate.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1year prior telesalesexperience highly desired.
- Meet monthly budget goals
- Be a team player.
- Ability to interact well with all personality types.
- Track orders and dollar amount of orders.
- Meet and surpass monthly goals.
- Manage database and accounts over 60 to 90 days.
- Procedures for completing work have been established and a number of specific guidelines are available. The number of guidelines and work situations requires the employee to use judgment in locating and selecting the most appropriate guidelines, references, and procedures, and sometimes to make minor deviations. Works with some independence; frequent review of issues with immediate manager.
- Ability to sit at a computer and talk on the phone for long periods of time.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, i.e. lifting boxes of computer paper.