Responsible for implementing all sales activities to satisfy customer requests for company contract services within assigned customer base or region. Responsible for obtaining customer orders, administration of company approved uniform pricing policy and works as a liaison between the customer and branch operations group to assure complete customer satisfaction. In most cases will include all service lines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintains safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns.
· Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM's Core Values of:
• Safety First – in everything we do.
• Integrity – means doing the right thing.
• Service Leadership – throughout the company.
• Innovation – supports continuous growth and improvement.
• Pride and Respect – for ourselves and our company.
• Teamwork – Global teamwork and collaboration.
· Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule.
· Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the customers’ historical sales or needs.
· Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential customers. Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
· Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, three-month rolling sales forecasts (updated and submitted weekly) and monthly and annual territory analyses.
· Produces and submits written proposals and quotations in pursuit of business opportunities using:
· Standard rates and pricing parameters as set forth by upper management; deviation from established rates requires management approval.
· Bid calculation sheets for fixed price and/or unit price quotes using technical and execution detail input from Operations Manager.
· Coordinates the dispatch of crews and resources to support the contracted work with the Operations Manager responsible for servicing the site.
· Provides job specific dispatch documents to support crew assignments.
· Generates draft invoice documents and submitting to administration for data entry into the Invoicing System within three (3) business days of the completion of the job.
· Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules and marketing techniques.
· Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
· Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
· Prepares customer’s personnel, contractors, and other trade factors with product knowledge and selling skills by conducting and/or participating in sales promotion and educational meetings.
· Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
· Has good working knowledge of all company products and services that are available to our customers.
· Learns and abides by company policies and procedures.
· Follows up with accounts that are not current, requests payment, and keeps Branch Manager informed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Participates in related industry associations.
· Must possess comprehensive knowledge of financial report structures.
· Must be able to report reliable data by auditing the flow of data, developing check points and controlling credibility of company data.
· Must possess a valid driver's license.
· Requires four (4) years’ equivalent practical experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree will be accepted in lieu of 2 years experience.
· Prefer previous sales experience or technician experience.
· Able to create and maintain the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports.
· Issues periodic statistical reports of a general and/or specialized nature.
· Ability to complete work assignments and proposals in an allotted time period.
· Able to operate necessary office equipment and business machines, including computer systems.
· Requires excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· May be provided with office or cubicle space when working out of branch location.
· Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
· Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
· Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
· Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
· May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
· May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
· Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties.
· Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
· Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
· Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations.
· Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
· Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
· Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.