Sales position responsible for promoting TE products and solutions to strategic EMS customers within Data and Devices. This position is responsible for executing on a strategic account plan for profitable growth by leveraging the full TE portfolio of products, services, and core competencies. This is a leadership position that requires strength in coordinating a sales and engineering support team to ensure a strong partnership is maintained.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Serve as the primary interface between the customer and TE Connectivity.
- Work closely with EMS design sites to develop engineered solutions utilizing TE's existing product portfolio and development capabilities.
- Work closely with EMS Commodity Management & Procurement teams to negotiate local and global opportunities.
- Work closely with TE FAE’s and System Architects to ensure they are supporting the EMS customers as necessary to become the preferred supplier.
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels within the customers to position TE as a strategic partner to the customer.
- Strength in assessment of qualified business opportunities
- Support monthly Global Demand Consensus forecast process with program volume expectations by product.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of industry trends and competitive activity within the Data & Devices market.
- Drive sales growth through maximization of resources and execution of market segment strategies.
- Effectively communicate with all other team members locally and across regions to promote the business needs of the customer.
Sales Competencies/Key Behaviors:
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas, easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions, and trends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted, is seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Priority Setting: Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside, can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal, eliminates roadblocks, creates focus.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, is constantly and consistently one of the top performers, very bottom-line oriented, steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Functional / Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or technical field.
- 5+ years of Industry experiencerequired.