Account Manager III
The Aerospace Defense & Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity is uniquely qualified to provide innovative solutions for a variety of applications including ruggedized interconnects, fiber optic products, sealed harness assemblies, high-performance relays, power distribution units and integrated value-add solutions.
AD&M is seeking an experienced and savvy Account Manager to join our sales team in the Northern California territory. The Account Manager will be a leader guiding the sales and design efforts for this Aerospace marketplace. In this challenging and rewarding position, you will be responsible for technical new design as well as the replacement of competitive products at the customer promoting component and value-add level solutions. As an Account Manager, you will also interface with Purchasing on pricing and contracts, engage with engineering to gain print position and coordinate with business associates covering contract manufacturers.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Home Office in Northern California
- Execute conversion of the engineering pipeline into project wins.
- Identify current and future customer needs with customer coordination to find appropriate solutions (using either known or new technologies) for customer applications whilst promoting TE’s technical and technologyportfolio.
- Collaboration with Field Application Engineers, Product Management and Product Engineering teams for territory design wins.
- Drive the design-in and development of new products and/or platforms.
- Become the application expert and discuss new application solution designs with his peers to initiate new platforms vs. customer specific designs in order to maximize the TE profit.
- Focus design effort on the high growth and invest products for ADM markets.
- Generate, prepare and present TE proposals (e.g. product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives, PowerPoint presentations) to customers in conjunction with the relevant Product Manager(s) and FAE.
- Keep the broader market in mind to promote/launch innovation and new industry product platforms.
- Coordination with Customer Service, Operations, Quality and Plant Management to best serve customers.
- Due to the nature of the position and the job responsibilities, the candidate must qualify to work on ITAR and NOFORN projects in order to visit and work with customers who require US Citizenship.
- 3 - 5 years' Aerospace and/or Military electronic component sales experience is desired.
- College degree; BS degree in Engineering and/or Marketingpreferred.
- Willingness to travel within region (approx. 50%) and a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- The successful candidatewill encompass the skills to successfully compete, and thrive, in a highly competitive market:
- A strong technical background
- Strong selling and presentation skills
- A solutions oriented individual capable of looking not only at the component requirement but beyond to a value added assembly solution
- Strong Customer focus throughout all levels of management
- Ability to engage with Development Engineers and Purchasing
- Strong time management skills required for this remote position