TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry or accounts.
AD&M is seeking an experienced and savvy Technical Account Manager to join our sales team in a Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine territory. The Technical Account Manager will be a leader, guiding the sales efforts for the Aerospace and Defense marketplace. In this challenging and rewarding position, you will be responsible for new design as well as the replacement of competitive products at the component and value added solutions level. As a Technical Account Manager, you will also interface with Purchasing on pricing and contracts, engage with engineering to gain print position and coordinate with business associates covering contract manufacturers. This will be home office based in the Boston, MA area.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Execute conversion of the engineering pipeline into project wins.
- Identify current and future customer needs, and together with the customer find appropriate solutions (using either known or new technologies) for customer applications whilst promoting TE’s technical and technologyportfolio.
- Drive the design-in and development of new products and/or platforms
- Become the application expert and discuss new application solution designs with his peers to initiate new platforms vs. customer specific designs in order to maximize the TE profit.
- Focus design effort on the high growth and invest products and markets of AD&M
- Generate, prepare and present TE proposals (e.g. product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives) to customers in conjunction with the relevant Product Manager/s, keep the broader market in mind to launch new industry product platforms and in line with the LEANPD process.
- Due to ITAR restrictions, US Citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Resident status is required to apply for this position.
- 3 - 5 years' Aerospace and/or Military sales experience is desired.
- BS degree in Engineering and/or Marketingpreferred.
- Willingness to travel (50-70%) and a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- An understanding of US Navy OEM’s and subcontractors is a key function of this position.
- The successful candidatewill encompass the skills to successfully compete, and thrive, in a highly competitive market:
- A strong technical background
- Strong selling skills
- A solutions oriented individual capable of looking not only at the component requirement but beyond to a value added assembly solution
- Strong Customer focus throughout all levels of management
- Ability to engage with Development Engineers and Purchasing