Do you aspire to utilize your strategic mindset and experience assessing business and marketing objectives? Do you excel at identifying solutions, as well as growing and managing client relationships? As an account manager at Commonwealth you will fulfill a crucial function within our Marketing department.
In this role, you will be on the front lines of advisor communication and marketing needs. You will work with Commonwealth financial advisors, internal stakeholders, and external partners to provide solutions that strengthen advisors’ brands and help achieve their business goals. Reporting to the Manager, Advisor Brands, this role requires strategic insight, strong client management skills, and knowledge of digital marketing (website, email, social media, and analytics) best practices, along with excellent project management skills.
- Identifying and providing solutions to marketing/communication problems and engaging directly with financial advisors as a strategic partner
- Skilled at developing clear strategy and project briefs
- Understanding and articulating digital marketing strategy, reviewing analytics to uncover insights, and using data to inform initiatives such as web strategy and design and marketing strategy
- Partnering with outside agencies; providing oversight and insight into advisor engagements
- Leading project management from strategy through execution, including understanding objectives, consumer insights, overall scope, timeline, and budget constraints.
- Strategic thinker, adept in analyzing and articulating brand benefits, gaps, and differentiators
- Cross-functional leader and collaborator
- Ability to contribute in a fast-paced team environment
- Adept at leading clients with varying needs and levels of marketing experience
- Experience in developing and differentiating brands, identifying target audiences and marketing strategy
- Ability to consult, counsel, and educate advisors in marketing fundamentals and best practices
- High-energy business partner with a positive attitude
- Strong listener and presenter with superior attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Commitment to providing indispensable customer service
- Resourceful, creative, and results-oriented
Additional skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related discipline
- 7+ years experience in advertising account management, marketing strategy, or marketing communications. Advertising agency experience a plus.