Do you like to ask questions and provide solutions? If so, then join the STERIS team as an Account Manager in a field based role responsible for selling Contamination Control Products to the Life Science Industry, including, but not limited to: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, and Research Industries within assigned sales territory. You will visit customer sites, attend trade shows, and stay current in the industry through networking, meetings and reading related industry information. You will be responsible for ensuring high customer satisfaction, effectively establishing multi-level relationships with customers, and possessing excellent listening skills. The right person will effectively manage the consultative sales process using company provided sales resources to maximize sales outcomes while providing best solutions to the customer. They must identify and generate leads for future STERIS business opportunities and be responsible for timely and accurate reporting of weekly and monthly reports to sales and marketing as requested. Territory includes Maryland, Delaware, and Washington D.C.
- Present, promote and sell STERIS Life Science products to existing and prospective customers
- Establish, develop and maintain positive business and customer relationships
- Generate leads and qualify prospects
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize customer satisfaction
- Achieve sales targets and results within targeted time frame
- Coordinate sales effort with team members to advance business growth
- Analyze the territory/market potential and evaluate sales reports on a routine basis
- Update and maintain sales tools regarding territory business and competitive activities and potential for new products
- Keep abreast of best practices and industry trends including participation trade shows
- Negotiate to achieve agreements that provide a mutually acceptable solution to STERIS and Customer
- Participate in professional development activities
- Support the directives and decision of higher level management
- Represent STERIS in a professional and ethical manner
- Minimum 3 years of sales or industry work experience
- Validation, quality, technical services or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience a plus.
- Experience working in or selling technical products/services and consultative sales experience preferred.
Skills and Competencies:
- General knowledge of the following industries is a plus: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing, Biotechnology Manufacturing, and Medical Device.
- Aptitude for science based technical information
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, analytical and formal presentation skills, with ability to interact effectively across all levels of the organization and Customers
- Demonstrates persistence and strong, consistent follow through to meet Customer needs.
- Practices active listening skills, adapts to change, set priorities and balance sales and administrative duties
- Excellent computer skills, including strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excels at negotiation with both internal and external groups
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel as required (+30%)
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record