ABOUT THE JOB (JOB BRIEF)
The position will be responsible for managing a book of customer accounts associated with the Specialty Finance Lending (SFL) portfolio, as assigned by the SFL Operations Manager, and will include facilitating a range of operational activities relating to the on-going monitoring; risk management; operational administration; account maintenance; and customer servicing of the accounts. Job responsibilities will involve taking a lead role on variety of operational activities (based on prior experience and skill level) and a supportive role on some business development activities in collaboration with the SFL business development team. The operational activities will include facilitating and managing transaction documentation, booking, and funding; portfolio performance monitoring; account maintenance; drafting & submitting credit proposals; general troubleshooting as necessary; direct customer interfacing; and some business development associated with existing clients and new business opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The candidate for this position is expected to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of the client’s business, as well as the structure and operational mechanics of each assigned finance facilities so as to act as the primary client & investor interface relating to the pre- and post-close activities.
- Assume a lead role in coordinating and managing all on-going account maintenance activities in collaboration with personnel from various internal departments, as well as several external entities, including (but not limited to):
- Internal Departments: Key Equipment Finance (KEF) operations; KEF Business Processing Unit (BPU) Teams; SFL sales; Pricing; KEF credit; SFL Syndications, Portfolio Management; Key Treasury Management, and various other departments within KeyBank.
- External Parties: Third-party Bank/Investor Partners; Law firms; Back-up Servicers; Custodians and Collateral Trustees; and Third-party Auditors.
- Participate in various pre- and post-closing due diligence tasks relating to new and existing finance facilities.
- Help facilitate the underwriting process of new and existing customer accounts by collecting and analyzing financial and market data/information on the client and portfolio as requested by KEF Credit. This includes completing and submitting various credit underwriting documents, as requested by management, to KEF Credit for final decisioning.
- Collaborate with various SFL; KEF; and other KeyBank departments and personnel to manage and complete all legal documentation; closing and post-closing account administrative activities for both new and existing finance/loan facilities
- Coordinate the periodic review of servicer reports; investor settlement reports; financial statements and reports; and borrowing base reports to insure timely adherence with the facility requirements and covenant compliance. Provide written reports, and presentations to management; clients; investors and other Key Bank departments outlining any trends or areas of potential operational and/or credit risk.
- Manage all direct communications with bank/investor participants as needed on all settlements of principle balances; interest and fees; borrowing base reports; servicer reports; annual audits; post-closing items; and any other on-going servicing issues that arise.
- Assist the SFL Syndications Team, in a lead or supportive role, in developing and implementing the appropriate syndication strategy associated with either reducing existing exposure or creating additional financing availability for new and existing customer accounts.
- Participate in the cross-selling of Key Bank products & services, as well as tracking of cross-sell revenue, to existing clients on an on-going and periodic basis.
- As requested by management, attend periodic meetings with prospective and existing clients, as well as industry related conferences in order to further development market knowledge.
- Perform targeted business development activities, on an ‘as needed basis’, including direct calling on prospective new clients, and qualification of top prospects. These efforts would include making initial contact calls; follow up on sales leads; conduct pre-screening activity; and gather initial portfolio data and otherfinancial and market related information.
- Complete any other tasks relating to the administration of the SFL portfolio as requested by management.
- As the employee’s industry knowledge, client exposure, structuring and facility management experience deepen, the functionality of this position may expand to include additional cross selling of bank products to existing clients as well as some pre-screening activities with new SFL prospects.
- The candidate for this job should possess the skills necessary to become fully proficient in the SFL portfolio in order to effectively handle all facets of the transactions from origination to closing and on-going account management. The position requires prior experience related in the following functional areas:
- Finance & banking operations; portfolio management; loan accounting; credit underwriting; pricing; loan documentation and servicing;
- Traditional commercial lending products (term loans, revolving loans, equipment finance products, treasury and cash management products, DDA account, and hedging instruments).
- In addition, the position requires some structured financeexperience with at least a junior level assignment in asset based lending, structured securitizations, and lender finance in particular.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired with concentration in business or finance; MBA preferred;
- 7 years of Corporate / Commercial Bankingexperience with a minimum of 3 years specific to portfolio management, finance/bank operations, and/or credit related to Structured Finance and/or the Equipment Finance market;
- Proven communication and negotiation skills both written & oral;
- Proven organizational and relationship building skills;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business and financialreports, with experience utilizing spreadsheet software (Microsoft Excel).