Bourns, Inc. is a leading global supplier of reliable, high quality electronic components and solutions for over sixty-nine years, and we are seeking a Senior Account Manager. In this role, you will focus on an assigned territory of Los Angeles and Orange County for the sale of Bourns products. Taking ownership of the overall business development within the assigned territory to include managing local Manufacturer's Representative and Distributors to: develop existing component sales business and executive level client relationships; uncover new opportunities; develop new solutions; overall increase sales leading to profit growth. This person drives and owns short and long-term sales plans for the Region. This position reports directly to the Southwest Sales Manager. This role is based in Riverside, CA.
The successful candidate will own and possess the drive to:
- Grow Bourns sales for the assigned region to meet and exceed revenue quota. Assist customers in adopting Bourns products into their designs. Drives Design In and Design Wins at customers.
- Manages and works with local Manufacturers' Representative and Distributors to drive sales discovery and Demand Creation
- Coordinates Bourns contacts at the customers; primary interface and coordinator for all Bourns functions i.e. Field Application Engineer (FAE), Market Director (MD) and Product Line Manager (PLM) with Application Engineers (AE).
- Proactively follows up on projects and ensures CRM project status is up to date.
- Makes an optimum number of face to face sales calls to engineering, procurement and other related departments for the purpose of product presentations, pursuing information and obtaining sales orders. Acquires comprehensive knowledge of all customer personnel and products.
- Develop strategic sales and account plans based on industry trends and customer analysis. Ensure territory plans are aligned and updated quarterly. Provide monthly written report to Sales Manager on Sales Achievement, customer project status, etc
- Own local customer annual RFQ and contract negotiation in cooperation with Marketing Directors/VP, Product Line Managers (PLMs) and local Customer Service (CS) team for pricing. Maximize the award allocation to gain max actual shipments.
- Optimize ongoing logistics and supply chain topics in cooperation with PLMs, Customer Service and logistic functions.
- Supports the Product Lines and different quality functions in quality resolution mainly as communicator and sometimes a proactive driver or even owner.
- Plan and demonstrate a detailed understanding of both the customers' sector and business drivers/challenges. Understand solutions selling/challenger sales methodology and tools and apply these regularly.
- Own the set up and negotiation of an NDA or customer contract in cooperation with the contracts team or Legal and the Business Unit.
- Complies with all company policies, instructions, and directives for the fulfilment of the company objectives and for maximum profitable sales.
- Attends and participates in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, sales contests, and trade shows as directed.
- Presents a professional demeanor and image to the customer and within Bourns.
- Turns in online expense reports on time and uses funds properly.
- Performs other related duties as required. Own and achieve the assigned local or regional design, and production/purchasing sites to achieve/maximize revenue quota.
If you see yourself as the next Senior Account Manager at Bourns and you have the right experience along with the ability to work effectively with a globally distributed, multi-culture team we want to talk with you.
The ideal candidate will have the following training andexperience:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Material Engineering from an accredited university is required, MSdegree is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the above functions in related fields.
- Five years minimum of engineering experience including demonstrated capability to design, develop and successfully release to manufacturing products of major scope and a high degree of technical complexity.
- Ability to create and present technical presentations to customers and management. Time management and organizational skills are critical.
- Excellent verbal skills are required to clearly communicate instructions and present ideas, concepts and solutions to all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
- Excellent written skills are required to issue instructions, present ideas, concepts, and solutions to all levels of employees, customers and vendors through letters, emails, graphs, charts, reports, etc.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment.