The Account Manager is responsible for increasing penetration and profitability in existing College and University accounts as well as increasing market share through cold calling, prospecting, building relationships, post sales implementation and account maintenance. Focused on account penetration, revenue growth and customer satisfaction within assigned territory. This position will have access to sell CBORD’s platform products – card systems, housing systems and food and nutrition systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Account Manager include, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Actively sell to prospective & existing customers and work to meet annual sales quota.
- Executes the selling cycle in a manner that is concise, professional, and ethical which leads the customer to action.
- Follow up on leads generated from CBORD web site, staff, CBORD Lead Generator, and Client Development Group.
- Responsible for managing sales pipeline and monthly forecasting of the business.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of clients’ business through on-site client business reviews.
- Develop annual plan for meeting/exceeding sales quota with assistance of the Director of Sales and Vice President.
- Provide product demonstrations on-site, webex and at conferences as needed.
- Effectively utilize sales collateral, education programs and other marketing tools to best educate our customers on the benefits of our products/services.
- Participate in the product management process.
- Assist with marketing activities as required.
- Provide professional, fast, thorough service which exceeds each customer’s/target’s expectations.
- Completes requiredreports accurately and promptly.
- Attends industry tradeshows as assigned.
- Embodies and demonstrates the key cultural values core to CBORD/Horizon; Dynamic, Restless, Empowered, Accountable, Mindful.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or a related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in a sales role, selling complex solutions with complex sales cycles
- Consultative selling (questioning, listening, managing call dynamics, managing objections, closing for next steps).
- Territory and Account planning.
- Opportunity management
- Demand creation/prospecting
- Articulates relevant value messaging across various buying roles (user, technical, financial decision makers, influencer).
- Strong presenter both in person and virtually.
- Pipeline/forecast management.
- Highly-motivated, execution-focused leader.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Competitive experience – Loves to win
- Remote salesexperience – Has had success working as a rep on a remote/virtual team
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- General office environment; no special physical demands required
- Significant travel, approximately 60% of the time