ccount Manager / FlightGlobal Sales/ New York City USA
Working at FlightGlobal is dynamic, exciting and not without its share of challenges. We have a can-do culture and, having doubled in size in the last three years, it’s a fast moving business with big ambitions. You need to be solutions orientated with a positive approach to life and work.
We’ve been pioneering aviation insight for over 100 years, providing essential access to the aviation market, insight, data and news. Our extensive range of sponsorship, marketing and advertising solutions connect clients to global aviation professionals across on and offline channels and face to face events
The role of the Account Manager (AM) is to manage a portfolio of approximately 40 existing customer accounts in the Banking, Private Equity & Hedge Funds sector within the Finance division of FlightGlobal. This customer base generates a revenue of around $1.7M and continues to grow with cross-sell and upselling opportunities. The role will continue to renew and grow these accounts but also be responsible for sourcing new business accounts in the banking sector. These organisations all invest in the aviation sector and are based North America with the majority in NYC.
The AM will implement a strategic account management (SAM) process for their 10-15 large strategic banking clients. This will be focussed on getting much deeper into these organisations to develop and grow new business and upselling opportunities from those existing clients, in addition to maintaining & growing the renewal. The AM will discover opportunities for advisory and consultancy services with those existing clients. A key component of the AM’s job is increasing the value of existing client relationships by adding products and services, or, in some cases, increase usage of products and services already purchased.
- Effectively manage a portfolio of 40 finance clients to optimize client satisfaction, engagement, and retention by implementing a customer lifecycle process
- Regularly contact decision makers and key end users to ensure satisfaction with FlightGlobal products and services and to build, manage, and close a sales pipeline of upsell and cross-sell opportunities
- Demonstrate FlightGlobal products to new and tenured customers in a way that is focused on their stated business needs, their problems and the impact of those
- Ask questions to understand customer requirements, purchasing dynamics, and contracting processes for renewals and upsells
- Hunting for new business within the banking sector outside of the accounts they will already own
- Go the extra mile to hit Sales quota and facilitate future sales
- Regular weekly / monthly travel in the US to visit key clients or industry events
Key Skills Required:
- Strong large account management skills
- Solution & value based selling and consultative sales
- Relationship building, in person and remote by phone and email
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Setting and tracking KPI’s, reporting activities
- Solid time management skills to balance workload on renewals, upselling and new business
- · Proven experience as an account manager or comparable role in information services for at least 4 years
- · Must have sold software, data, information or consultancy into financial organisations like banks, or into the aviation sector
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent