At Public Partnerships LLC, a subsidiary of Public Consulting Group, we are passionate about our mission to be the provider of choice of comprehensive financial management for participant-directed services in the public sector. Our vision is people exercising choice and control of publicly-funded long term services and supports. Established in 1999, we partner with state and local agencies in 24 states to provide financial management services for participant-directed programs. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and strive to exceed client expectations. We desire motivated candidates who are excited to join our fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and who want to make a difference by supporting an innovative service model (learn more at www.publicpartnerships.com).
The Account Manager serves as the PPL representative to state agencies for health and human service engagements that provide financial management for consumer-directed programs that allow senior citizens and persons with disabilities to direct their own home and community-based services and supports. The Account Manager manages client-facing aspects of operational projects with state Medicaid agencies and health insurance plans where applicable. The Account Manager manages cross-functional teams in a matrix-managed organization to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of contractual obligations. The Account Manager must produce quality work, meet client goals and objectives, and develop solutions to client problems in a timely manner. The Account Manager must be able to draw sound conclusions based on data analysis and client interactions and communicate findings effectively in person and in writing.
Client Relationship Management
- Serve as primary and back-up contact for client engagements
- Maintain client relationships
- Ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of contractual obligations
- Monitor and oversee execution of program performance objectives
- Function as subject matter expert on PPL’s and PCG’s products
- Coordinate project requirements and client expectations among functional groups and with client
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with all levels of client administration
- Create and manage internal project work plans
- Interact with various levels of management and with clients
- Ensure quality of work produced meets PPL and contractual standards.
- Coordinate response among multiple functional areas to address problems of high complexity
- Present written/verbal status reports to clients
- Create team cohesion on a day to day basis
- Participate in key stakeholder meetings
- Oversee appropriate subcontractor relationships
- Develop recommended solutions to mitigate or avoid risks
- Actively engage the team to develop plans and resolve issues through collaboration
- Review and update critical client documents on a regular basis
- Coordinate internal meetings to ensure knowledge and mitigation of accounts receivable
Business Development and Launch Activity
- Lead information gathering sessions to understand client’s service delivery models during implementations
- Reinforce and set client expectations regarding PPL’s product application model during implementations
- Identify and manage areas of scope creep during implementations
- Manage long-standing relationships with key client staff
- Identify and act on opportunities for upselling to current clients
- Keep self and clients informed about developments in the industry and in PPL
- Identify and meet with prospective clients
- Record business development activities
- Understand relationships between state client staff and other PCG practice areas
- Prepare materials for training seminars and sales presentations
- Lead sales presentations and system demonstrations
- Serve as an internal consultant to other projects or practice areas
- Manage and coordinate proposal development research, financial analysis, writing, and production
- Serve as lead in proposal development
- Develop proposal win themes
- Attend industry conferences
- Submit conference proposals
- Present at conferences
- Develop white papers
- Develop and conduct comprehensive training presentations for clients and internal staff
- Oversee contracted training programs
- Oversee internal training sessions
Staff Management and Development
- Manage multiple staff
- Make final decisions on staff hiring
- Provide mentoring, advice and guidance to direct reports
- Work with senior staff to ensure that junior staff are regularly put in situations where they interact with clients and practice area leadership – gives staff opportunities for visibility and growth
- Ensure staff members understand day to day project priorities, level of effort, and deadlines
- Monitor staff performance and follow up on areas of deficiency
- Ensure staff members are effectively performing responsibilities as outlined in job description.
- Recruit and train staff and communicate needs to senior staff
- Develop next set of client partnership leaders
- Provide guidance to junior staff on client management techniques
- Bachelor's degreerequired; Master's degreepreferred.
- 7-9 years prior supervisory experiencerequired.
- Demonstrated financial and business management experiencerequired.
- Finance and accounting systems experiencepreferred.
- Knowledge of Medicaid programs and experience with state government required.
- Experience in long term care and disability services is a plus.
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Demonstrated project management and supervisory skills.
- Ability to follow, critically evaluate and improve current processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent PC skills in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to analyze data and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Ability to speak publicly effectively.
- Detailed and process improvement oriented
- Ability to take initiative, and move daily work forward;
- Good judgment in prioritizing and completing tasks, and in seeking guidance, when needed
- Ability to see the big picture while working at the detailed level to move projects forward within specific timeline and budget
- Strong skills in the areas of interpersonal communication, analysis, critical thinking, organization, attention to detail, and multitasking
- Local, statewide and national travelrequired.