The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
What will I be doing?
As an Account Manager you will lead and coordinate sales activity for the assigned territory comprised of Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas with over 120 accounts. You will utilize your expertise and other resources such as product specialists, client relationship managers and field marketing teams to meet and exceed sales targets.
In this position, you will also…
• Own the assigned territory and individual account plan coordination, working closely with product specialists, trainers, and renewal teams to develop an overall account plan to grow long term revenue.
• Influence and motivate others in a matrixed sales organization (particularly those who do not directly report to the Account Manager) to support and drive towards shared goals.
• Focus on new and renewal business as part of expanding ProQuest’s footprint within the account; typically serve as primary point to engage client.
• Lead RFP coordination and development as needed; seeking opportunities to unite multiple RFP or current investments and collaborating with product specialists as appropriate.
• Manage full portfolio forecast (renewals and new business) including specialty products and content; work closely with product specialist and support teams to ensure forecast accuracy.
• Maintain a good working knowledge of products especially in core content where there are no specialists.
• Lead content demonstrations, engaging product specialists as appropriate for product-specific demonstrations.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree plus at least 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
• Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of product line and client base.
• Capable of engaging in key probing questions for specialty products and can promote key value proposition and answer baseline questions about all specialty products.
• Able to clearly and compellingly articulate full ProQuest value proposition.
• Ability to assess the sales process and request participation from executive managers when required.
• Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data.
• Ability to accurately forecast and manage the sales funnel for assigned account territory.
• Focused team player with a collaborative approach.
• High level of enthusiasm, with strong influencing and negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse blend of personalities and levels of authority to reach resolution.
• Capacity to learn and effectively utilize SalesForce.com as well as other software tools relevant to the role, and adhere to assigned sales methodology.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and related software relevant to the role.
It would be awesome if you also had…
• Advanced degree in Library Science or related field.
• Previous experience selling in a matrix sales environment.
• Proven success as a top performer.