In this position, you will also…
- Lead RFP coordination and development as needed while seeking opportunities to unite multiple RFP or current investments and collaborating with product specialists as appropriate.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of products especially in core content where there are no specialists
- Lead content demonstrations, engaging product specialists as appropriate for product-specific demonstrations
- Maintain awareness of all proposals, and as account plan warrants may lead discussion with client.
- Ensure account plan is making progress and is aligned to other objectives in the account.
- Manages the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings
- Ensure client satisfaction and issues are resolved; relying on product specialists to drive specialty product issues and working with colleagues in customer services and technical support
- Utilize SalesForce.com to manage accounts effectively and to ensure collaboration and full communication
Three Reasons you should apply...
- You thrive in a high-touch, service-oriented sales role
- You enjoy intellectually challenging but stimulating work that presents a unique challenge every day
- You see a goal as an opportunity to demonstrate your value
This job may not be a fit if...
- If having a lot of “balls-up-in-the-air” at any given time is intimidating and stressful for you
- You don’t enjoy constant communication with customers and team members
- You prefer consistent direction in a predictable work environment
Qualified Candidates must have…
- Bachelors’ degree plus at least 5 years’ related experience as a direct field sales professional or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline in National Government Accounts.
- Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
- Ability to assess the sales process and request participation from executive managers when required.
- Ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and draw meaningful conclusions and action plans from data and clearly and compellingly articulate full ProQuest value proposition.
- Ability to accurately forecast and manage the sales funnel for assigned account territory.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally build and maintain strong relationships with a diverse blend of personalities and levels of authority to reach resolution.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
- Advanced degree in Library Science or related field.
- Certifications pertinent to the sales profession.
- Experience with SalesForce.com.
Other important information about this position:
- This position can be based from home or any ProQuest office location.
- Up to 25% travel is required
- This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance.
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
- All employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals