Mesa Energy Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electricalconstruction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Mesa Energy Systems is a HVAC mechanical services company that provides fully integrated solutions for preventative maintenance and repair, upgrading existing mechanical, electrical, and controls systems to provide the most efficient economic solutions to meet customer expectations.
Job Summary: Mesa Energy Systems has an immediate need for an Account Manager/Project Sales. The Account Manager/Project Sales is responsible for developing and sustaining relationships that will result in sales and profits with clients or potential clients in each vertical market that EMCOR/Mesa is now penetrating or that Mesa will determine at a future time to penetrate. Account Mangers focus their efforts on keeping clients informed about the complete EMCOR Service/Mesa Energy Systems maintenance, and repair, replacement, service and or energy efficiency package with the intent of selling Mesa products and services. Account mangers work with the Vice President of Business Development the Director of Sales and other Sr. Manager’s as directed to fully realize the sales potential within each existing or developing account.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Persons filling this position will be responsible for prospecting for new accounts, providing clients with product services/information, maintaining existing client relationships, developing sales presentations, and following through with each client and opportunity. This position also has responsibility for maintaining client pricing and payments, A/R management, client correspondence, quality assurance (QA) support, and industry and trade show participation.
Account Managerresponsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following;
- Agreement and alignment with EMCOR Mesa’s written philosophy of sales, established processes, and procedures related to sales.
- Seek out and research prospective clients and/or projects through various methods including contacting prospective client Chief Engineer, Property Managers, Asset Managers, etc. to introduce yourself and develop future relationships; making phone calls, visits, attending conferences, utilizing the Internet, and leveraging existing relationships.
- Establishment and maintenance of relationships with prospective clients
- Working with the Vice President of Business Development and Director of Sales, and other Team members to constantly review and improve account programs and processes to meet targeted objectives.
- Managing through analysis and solution based programs to maximize sales growth, volume and profitability of account clients in the Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Riverside County areas.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations.
- Developing, writing and reviewing client proposal documents including financial and technical sections, using EMCOR Service/Mesa Energy Systems standard template and pricing models.
- Developing sales at defined margin levels to attain market share.
- Interacting with fellow Sales Team members in a professional manner
- Interacting in a professional manner with other EMCOR/Mesa departments (ie. Operations, chiller teams, project management, etc.)
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to your growth and development as a Sales Professional, including attendance at product and sales training events, participation at all professional training provided by EMCOR/Mesa, etc.
- Reach your written, annual sales plans.
- Other duties as directed by the Director of Sales or other Sr. Manager’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical discipline.
- 5+ years experience in HVAC commercial service.
- 2+ years experience in project development and sales.
- Relevant technical experience, preferably in a Facilities Management or Operations and Maintenance environment.
- Strong customer presentation skills and a demonstrated sales aptitude.
- Financial acumen, inclusive of cost modeling for sales proposals.
- Experience in developing technical and cost proposals.
- Independent decision making is required.
- Computer skills using MS Office required. Strong Excel skills are required.