$80K — $90K *
Our client within the Packaging and Container industry is seeking an Accounting Manager who will perform advanced cost accounting analyses to compare estimated costs to actual costs and prepare a variety of related budget reports.
· Product Cost Management, which includes review and correction of moving average cost, and standard cost.
· Review of material master records.
· Analysis of production related variances and COGS postings.
· Month end close procedures related to COGS and inventory.
· Detailed month end variance expense analysis and preparation of monthly reconciliation reports which includes gross margin, burdens, yields and variable cost analysis including scrap and inventory adjustments.
· Documentation of processes and procedures and assisting with testing as needed.
· Adhere to Direct Material Standard Cost, Capitalization or Direct Labor and Manufacture Overhead in Inventory, Monthly Purchase Price Variance, Cycle Counting, and Inventory transfer policy.
· Develop forecast for areas within responsibility interfacing with individuals outside of cost accounting
· Responsible for overseeing plant-level financial reporting, providing feedback to corporate to improve processes and decision-making
· Perform budget to actual data analyses on key financial and manufacturing metrics
· Assist with job costing and overhead allocations to determine unit cost
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as accounting software.
· Thorough understanding of accounting procedures.
· Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
· Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with close attention to detail.
· Advanced Excel skills.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
· At least two years of experience in cost accounting required.
Valid through: 11/15/2021