Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional's, and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations - with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Abbott's Cardiometabolic sales team has an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive role. This position will focus on the 6-state region of New England (excluding Vermont).
This employee will ideally be in Eastern MA, South Eastern MA / MetroWest, southern NH, RI, or CT, anything north of Fairfield County. Southern Maine will also be considered.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify sales opportunities and capitalize on them.
- Establish, develop, and maintain the business and client relationships.
- Strategic development of POC Sales opportunities.
- Implement sales, marketing, and national account programs as directed by management.
- Build and maintain a strong competitive product knowledge
- Contribute to the region's growth by understanding the AE's objectives and goals
- Assist with the management of complex sales by providing technical expertise
- Meet established sales goals and objectives while maintaining the territory budget.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the sales performance of the distributor sales force(s) in the assigned territory. Train and develop these sales force(s) to establish and maintain the ability to effectively represent Abbott's products in the marketplace.
- Support distribution partners in the sale of products, including training, sales meetings, technical expertise, and marketing support of the Abbott product lines and distributor private branded products.
- Act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, bid preparation, and all customer follow-up.
- Identify customer issues and resolve sales-related difficulties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
- BA/BS in sales, marketing, business management, or life science
- 6+ years' experience in medical diagnostics or business to business sales.
- Understanding and experience working with Distribution Partners
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability in execution of sales strategies
- Proven successful POC/Capital Equipment sales experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
- At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities