As part of our growth strategy, Albireo Energy will increase sales staffing and are currently looking for an Account Manager who will be responsible for profitable and aggressive sales growth in the Greater NY Metropolitan Market. The Account Manager should have experience in owner direct sales and/or the plan and spec market, preferably in a large organization where they have gained experience and appreciation for a disciplined approach to account management and the competitive bid process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with end users, design/build contractors, mechanical contractors, consulting engineers, large owner accounts, and ESCOs.
- Assist consulting engineers with the design and specifications of control system applications.
- Estimate material, labor and subcontractor costs for control system applications per plans/specifications.
- Partner with Operations Department to make sure projects are completed timely, within budget, and with high level of customer satisfaction.
- Prepare technical scope of work proposals and presentations to consulting engineers which communicate our value proposition.
- Set meetings with customers, identify opportunities, sell Albireo Energy’s capabilities.
- Negotiate final pricing and scope of work with contractors and end users.
- Provide sales support to ongoing new installations.
- Attend sales meetings and training seminars.
- Team sell with other sales executives.
- Achieve annual revenue and gross margin targets.
- Track sales activities and forecast sales opportunities in CRM.
- Proven success in either the plan & spec or owner direct sales.
- 5+ years of experience in sales in the building automation field.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical, & controls drawings.
- Understanding of building HVAC systems and the application of controls.
- Must embrace use of CRM tool for pipeline and activity management.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent degree with industry experience.
- Data center and EPMS experience a plus.