Industry: Architecture & Construction•
Less than 5 years
Posted 320 days ago
The Account Manager will be primarily responsible for revenue and profit growth for the company’s sales of product lines to assigned channels (OEMs, End Users, Contractors, Manufacturers/Fabricators, Architectural, Engineering and Designers, Distributors, and Independent Representatives) within his/her designated territory of Southwest USA states.
This position will require taking a consultative sales approach with a primary emphasis on strong account leadership skills and on penetrating/converting strategic competitive accounts.
In addition, the Account Manager must build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies. Market Segments include Hospitality, Commercial/Retail, Sports, Consumer, Industrial and Marine.
• Selling the company’s product-line to clients with focus on the customized solutions (value proposition) in order to meet yearly sales objectives.
• Establish and maintain close contact with customers to insure customer satisfaction and relationship.
• Develop annual performance based sales plans by sub-markets to support the company’s financial and sales goals. Budgeting.
• Must continuously work to establish new customers and grows sales to increase market penetration.
• Manage the sales cycle and forecast, from specification to completion.
• Propose new products and adjustments to existing lines to meet customer needs.
• Prepare technical proposals, quotations and communicate clearly and concisely through professional presentations to customers.
• Prepare reports as needed or requested.
• Work in a team concept and build trusting relationships with internal staff, customers, manufacturers/fabricators, engineers, architects and designers as needed.
• Be a major contributor to the company’s goals and significantly support the mission.
• Utilize CRM, social networking and online research to maximize opportunities; keep the team informed on projects and track results.
Experience/ Skills Required
To be successful in this position the right candidate must possess and effectively demonstrate the following skills:
• Minimum 3-5 years field and technical salesexperience in building or industrial materials, performance coatings, flooring, solar protection, electrical devices or similar industries.
• Strong account management, client interface and presentation skills both verbally and in writing.
• Must possess and employ the highest ethical and business standards and always conduct with yourself with the greatest degree of professional integrity.
• Must have the ability to prospectsell and close at multiple levels. Effective negotiation and closing techniques.
• Must be organized, possess time management skills and high attention to detail.
• Technical and analytical skills are paramount to success in this position.
• Must feel comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of an international organization working with the various channels.
• Experience with Microsoft Office. • 50% travel and events. Occasionally travel may be as much as 75%.