Account Manager - PBM
Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
We work hard to be the best in our industry and work just as hard to be a fantastic employer. Come join our winning team and grow with us!
Located in Bethesda, MD, Managed Care Advisors (MCA) provides Specialized Health Program Management, Federal Workers’ Compensation, Employee Benefits, Disability Management and Absence Management services. MCA has an immediate opening for a PBM Account Manager to join our growing team and work with a high profile client.
Managed Care Advisors
- Provides an exciting and fast paced work environment
- Provides growth opportunities and cultivates talent
- Celebrates our individual and team successes together
- Provides a comprehensive benefits package
- Supports a team oriented work atmosphere
- Located within walking distance of the metro in Bethesda, MD
The Account Manager supports a dedicated client team in executing and ensuring successful project delivery according to Client objectives and timelines. This includes timely delivery of all contractual deliverables, coordinating efforts of internal team members with the client, managing logistics, and general stewardship of client and stakeholders. The Account Manager is required to maintain a professional working relationship with assigned key account personnel developing an authentic working partnership. The Account Manager has a detailed knowledge of MCA's program, capabilities, applications, practices, and processes thereby providing the client with the most appropriate services. The Account Manager will work in MCA’s Bethesda, MD office or Southern New England.
- Execute project activities according to the project plan/scope of work.
- Maintain the project schedule to identify the duration of the project, dependencies, key milestones, deliverables and critical paths to ensure an effective and timely project delivery.
- Develop a masterful working knowledge of MCA applications, practices and processes.
- Responsible for client communications, assisting with conflict resolution and client expected deliverables.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our program according to customer needs, objectives and contract requirements.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively gather and analyze data to successfully position the project/senior management team with the customer regarding the program’s performance.
- Identify and request ad-hocreports for customers and external vendors (pharmacy, etc.).
- Maintain accurate information in internal customer relationship management tools.
- Collaborate with project/senior management team to create strategic customer business plans.
- Support third party audits.
- Supportinternal projects.
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with customer supporting client retention/contract renewal.
- Ensure client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner and escalate to project/senior management as necessary.
- Responsible for other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3years’ customer service/account management experience within the healthcare system or the insurance industry, PBM experiencepreferred.
- Ability to travel20% locally and nationally
- Knowledge of the healthcare system and industry. Broad based knowledge of claims and the insurance industry functions and operations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from other managers, the client, customer, and the general public
- Work independently as a self-starter committed to delivering the highest in customer service, quality and results
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including public speaking and presentations
- Superb relationship-building skills
- Strong computer skills
- Able to pass a preliminary credit and background check
- United States Citizenship
To be considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume, and complete the application.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a credit and criminal background check, and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of employee upon hire.
MCA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact MCA regarding accommodations.
MCA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the person’s relatives, friends or associates.
MCA abides by the requirements of . This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
MCA abides by the requirements of . This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.