Job SummaryThe Account Manager - Partner Brands is responsible for profitably growing assigned Partner Brand Geographies (s) for the S-L Distribution Company business to achieve theassigned objective/plan, including gross sales, net sales, profit contribution as well as operational execution metrics. Responsibilities include planning, developing, implementing, monitoring, and communicating a mutually developed joint business plan with top Partner Brands. Focus on achieving appropriate Assortment, Distribution, Shelving (both in-line as well as secondary), Pricing, and Merchandising Key Performance Indicators as well as he development and creation of promotional information..
Essential Job Duties
- Support the achievement of gross / net sales plans, appropriate profit contribution as well as execution targets for assigned partner brands(s) through creating, selling, executing and communicating annual customer business plans.
- Judiciously manages and monitors margins and trade expenses (maintaining compliance with all Sarbanes Oxley policies) to achieve profitable sales growth.
- Effectively utilizes the company’s analytical tools and processes to drive profitable sales results.
- Builds and maintains appropriate business plan, and profile for each partner brand.
- Monitors and controls brand expenses to include stales and supply chain costs.
- Support the achievement of appropriate levels of brand penetration.
- Aligns with Direct Store Delivery (DSD) team through participation in region / brand meetings as well as field visits with appropriate management.
- Successfully works cross functionally with DSD frontline sales members, Finance, Accounting. Legal and Sales Operations Center team members.
- May perform other duties as assigned. Scope of Responsibility This position has no direct reports. Typically has responsibility for planned revenue in the range of $100mm to 150mm Knowledge and Skill RequirementsThis position requires an advanced level of proficiency in the following competencies:
- Driving for Sales and Business Results
- Persuasiveness/Sales Ability
- Customer Service Orientation
- Communicating with Impact
- Business Acumen
- Planning and Organizing
- Developing Strategic Relationships
- Judgment/Problem Solving
- Change Leadership
- Executive Disposition
- Negotiation Skills
- Technical / Professional Knowledge- IRI, Consumer Insights, Category management principles, Presentation skills, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as advanced financial and P&L understanding.
- Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience. Prior sales background preferably with a CPG company required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The person will often work independent and out of a remote office.
Up to 50% travel, to include overnight stays.