Our Account Managers sell welding products as well as industrial and specialty gases. They will advise customers on tools, hardware and materials needed and procedures to follow. Sells abrasive products such as wheels, disks, and belts, sells safety apparel and equipment such as goggles, helmets, hearing protection devices, welding jackets, etc. and calls on prospective and existing customers to drive sales. Our ideal Account Manager will thrive in a positive work environment that they not just enjoy, but contribute to; we share in successes and overcome challenges together.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Actively pursue and acquire, on an on-going basis, new and competitive accounts with emphasis on gases, business and product supply agreements.
- Ensure customer inquiries related to billing problems, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc. are promptly and courteously handled, providing follow-up as necessary.
- Prepare annual sales analysis and forecast for supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree (preferred);
- 5+ years' experience in the welding industry or industry equivalent;
- 5+ years' experience in outside sales;
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines;
- Adequate computer skills;
- Must be able to work in a drug-free environment.