The Account Manager - OEM is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to acquire new business for assigned solutions and services to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships at assigned accounts and engaging with distributors to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
- Owns the account strategy within the assigned accounts and communicates to the internal Rockwell teams on an account by account basis when appropriate. Leads development and execution of documented account plans.
- Establishes executive level relationships with the customer base and understands customer processes, drivers and business model.
- Coordinates and communicates with domain experts, sales management and the distributor organizations.
- Collaborates with counterparts globally on joint sales pursuits.
- Provides application knowledge and industry expertise and manages sales activities according to Rockwell Automation’s Customer Centric Selling process.
- Qualifies customer opportunities, engage the appropriate resources and coordinates the solution design to impact the customer’s decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition). Organizes and manages a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrates competitive data and strategy into proposals.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Teams with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
- Negotiates contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances through distributor.
- Engages the Rockwell Automation account team and the senior Management, as required, to plan for and win opportunities.
- Supports customer/internal program reviews and also the development of regional level Market Focus Plans.
- Ensures through familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
- Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Minimum of 5+ years of successful salesexperience in technical sales, distributor, integrator or engineering firm. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an Engineering field.
- Experience working with all levels of an industrial automation plant including VPs, plant engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.