This role is a development opportunity for a current Account Manager seeking an opportunity to grow and advance into a Strategic Account Manager.
The Critical Account Manager - OEM is responsible for leading a virtual, global team in the development and execution of local and global sales strategies and plans to acquire new business for assigned products, solutions and services to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. The individual is responsible for establishing and maintaining partnership relationships at (1-2) assigned critical accounts in the Western Michigan Territory, engaging with distributor and Rockwell Automation resources to ensure effective and efficient utilization of those resources.
1. Develop and implement a local and global sales strategy for the assigned account(s), leveraging resources inside and outside of the territory to drive sales growth and customer initiatives.
2. Establish, executive level relationships with the customer base and understand the customers’ processes, drivers and business model.
3. Coordinate and communicate with local Rockwell Automation resources, sales management and the distributor organizations.
5. Provide application knowledge and industry expertise. Manage sales activities according to Rockwell Automation’s Insight selling philosophy.
6. Qualify customer opportunities, engage the appropriate resources and coordinate the solution design to impact the customer’s decision process and present solutions to the customer (value proposition). Organize and manage a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrate competitive data and strategy into proposals.
4. Maintain accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Customer Relationship Management system.
7. Team with corporate Contracts and Negotiations group to come to terms with customers.
Negotiate contract terms and conditions (T&Cs), pricing, discounts and allowances through distributor.
8. Engage the Rockwell Automation account team and senior Management, as required, to plan for and win opportunities.
11. Support customer/internal program reviews and also the development of territory level Market Focus Plan.
13. Ensure thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with government laws.
14. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental).
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- BA or BS degree.
- 5 or more years of successful salesexperience in technical sales, distribution, integration or engineering firm, or graduate of the Rockwell Automation Sales Training Program.
- Experienceworking with all levels of an industrial automation plant including VPs, plant manager, engineers and OEM machine builders.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability for local daytime travel, ~5% domestic and occasional international travel would be required.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- BS in an Engineering discipline and/or additional business related experience is preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.