The Account Manager builds and maintains long-term relationships with residential mortgage organizations in the Indiana/Kentucky territory. The Account Manager grows profitable market share by proactively identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities, manages and maintains existing business, and provides support to National Accounts consistent with organizational objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meets with clients on a daily basis to promote National MI solutions and expand/sell new business. Builds strong relationships with key senior level client advocates and influencers. Develops opportunities by working within client organization and understanding of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Develops and communicates understanding of clients’ businesses challenges and needs. Communicates National MI’s value proposition to assist clients in meeting business objectives. Sells a complex variety of products and services that will improve business models of clients.
- Understands competitor’s strengths and weaknesses and how National MI stands in comparison.
- Analyzes potential mortgage insurance market within assigned territory. Leads master policy activation process with qualified clients. Achieves stated sales plan.
- Keeps current on industry trends and contributes to industry through networking, board and industry membership group participation and community involvement. Trains and educates clients on mortgage and mortgage insurance related programs.
- Uses Salesforce.com customer relationship management (CRM) tool and other Company technologies to grow business, manage client base and communicate with other National MI personnel.
- Demonstrates proper time and territory management. Prioritizes and allocates resources to support clients. Manages expenses.
- Performs ad hoc responsibilities, as needed.
ESSENTIAL WORKER COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five or more years’ experience with at least three years in a sales role in the mortgage industry (lending or mortgage insurance preferable), or equivalent experience.
- Solid understanding of mortgage industry and working with clients within the mortgage insurance space.
- Proficient in sales techniques such as influence, persuasion, advocacy, consultative and solution selling.
- Skill in negotiation and closing.
- Presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate and converse about industry and client trends and challenges.
- Ability to strategically build relationships at every level in small and large mortgage organizations and utilize advocates to grow and build consensus.
- Analytical skills as well as understanding of economic drivers and their impact on mortgage industry.
- Secondary markets knowledge.
- Results driven, highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Valid driver's license required for travel to job sites, client and vendor locations within the United States.
- Appropriate state license(s) to market mortgage insurance products in the Indiana/Kentucky territory. This license can be obtained upon joining the company.