A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The role of the Account Manager for MilliporeSigma’s BioProcessing Americas group is to continually and consistently increase market share and revenues by collaborating with pharmaceutical and biotech customers and prospects to solve their unique challenges. This role will primarily be focused in Texas. As a member of the BioProcessing Americas team, you will sell a broad portfolio of products, including filtration and purification technologies, single-use and multiuse process technologies, services, and raw materials (chemicals/cell culture media). You will create value for both the customer and MilliporeSigma; strategically manage projects and resources to ensure long term profitable growth; increase MilliporeSigma’s market share; emphasize differentiation from MilliporeSigma’s competitors, and build upon MilliporeSigma’s reputation for excellence within your territory. Flexible and willing to travel within the territory (with occasional overnight stays) to optimize customer engagement with occasional domestic and international travel. This role will travel about 50% of the time for the TX, OK, NM region.
- Ensure that the quarterly and annual target is achieved, by gaining and maintaining market share and seeding MilliporeSigma products in the customer´s pipeline
- Develop a detailed strategic plan to manage your territory for both short- and long-term revenue growth
- Know and be known by your customers; maintain a regular presence within the territory
- Identify your customer’s needs/goals/challenges and provide solutions to fulfill their needs through the proper positioning of MilliporeSigma products, services, and/or knowledge/expertise.
- Coordinates and participates in customer audits, technical visits, and lunch-n-learn program
- Lead and organize internal partners around presenting to, or supporting your customers; provide input and direction on content, customer needs/drivers, audience profile, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations; coordinates appropriate resources for customer visits
- Provide, accurate, detailed forecasts for your territory
- Inform, train, and influence customers.
- Identify and map the key stakeholders and decision-makers around projects and opportunities in your territory
- Attend tradeshows and provide booth coverage as needed
- Utilize sales tools regularly and properly to gain efficiencies and to document customer interactions (CRM, SFDC, literature, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with business partners (customer service, technical service, field marketing, technology management, demand planning, etc.)
- Able to network and build and maintain strong relationships, credibility, and trust
- Self-motivated, assertive, take initiative, and works independently
- A committed learner, dedicated to continuously increasing knowledge and skills
- Decisive: knows how to build a business case and can drive a decision when appropriate
- Evaluates results and makes adjustments to achieve better business outcomes; learns from mistakes
- Perceives the impact and the implications of decisions on other components of the company as well as the impact on clients and suppliers
- Utilizes effective negotiation skills; generates results with positive outcomes for both parties
- Generates accurate business forecasts
- Anticipates areas of conflict manage disagreement and work toward a resolution
- Shapes opinions of key stakeholders
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in a Life Science discipline such as bioprocessing sciences, chemical or biochemical engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in sales to the Life Sciences industry within upstream and downstream processing.
- Candidates must demonstrate a natural affinity to influence and/or sell to all levels of an organization.
- Working knowledge of cGMP pharmaceutical and biotech drug production processes/unit operations for upstream and downstream processes.
- Experience working as a remote employee
- Experience with planning time and priorities in an effective manner to achieve goals for sustainable results
- Possesses exceptionally strong conceptual skills – can see the big picture and can translate it compellingly in writing and speech
- Active Listening to the expressed needs and wants of others
- Uses skillful questioning to draw out information for diagnosing a situation
- Able to work closely with functional support organizations to effectively achieve goals.
- Understands the basics of pricing and can articulate the value or reasons behind pricing