Account Manager - (180126)
Manages project development by analyzing the business need for each project, leads by assessing the value of the project to the Company, assigning appropriate resources and tracking projects to completion with full fiscal accountability. Ensures alignment of projects with overall company strategies and manages critical relationships to ensure business goals are met. Develops procedures that impact workflow and project communication. Leads resolution efforts of any project challenges to ensure launch dates are on target Responsible for all communication, direction and interaction between internal US clients and the creative teams as a way to control job scope, project timeliness and resource accuracy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Project/Process Management – Supervises all creative work throughout project development; manages changes in direction by communicating to all parties; clarifies objectives and ensures on-time and within-budget results.
- Leads the development of complex independent sales force, consumer and employee directed communication projects, including audio/video projects, printed publications and web site content. Assigns resources and manages all facets of the project through to completion within the established budget. Oversees all projectmeetings and provides updates to senior management on progress.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with clients, senior management and creative team to enhance communication between all parties and ensure successful project development
- Evaluates processes and works to improve workflow and decrease time required for project completion. Works to provide solutions for maximizing resources by providing recommendations to upper management
- Leads changes in project direction and manages conflicts as necessary throughout the process. Identifies and resolves issues between the creative teams andproject owners.
- Conducts a post-delivery evaluation to ensure project objectives, schedules and budgets were met. Evaluates feedback regarding opportunities for improvement specific to the project and performance of the team involved. Implements process changes if needed.
- Directly manages the creative development of print, AV, and digital marketing materials to support global product launches (Corporate) OR market-specific initiatives (US).
- (Corporate Only) Oversees the product development life cycle as related to product claims, positioning, vision, and marketing. Accountable for developing the timeline and tasks in the Agile system that will support the marketing needs of the product. Collaborates with Brand Development and Corporate Marketing tocoordinate product launch calendars and support needs for all markets.
2. Strategy Recommendation – Manages complex and senior-level projects in partnership with client-side Vice Presidents, Directors and Managers to identify projectstrategies prior to creative execution.
- Uses independent judgment to determine if a business need exists for the proposed project.
- Analyzes the impact of the project on the business as well as resources in order to determine workflow prioritization.
- Defines quality objectives and determines performance objectives for achieving customer satisfaction.
- Partner with clients to obtain business critical approvals on concepts at key stages of development in order to ensure strategy decisions remain intact and relevantto the project.
- (Corporate) Directs cross functional team alignment among Brand Development, Corporate Marketing, Program Management, Corporate Communications, Regional and local market Marketing to support products and programs.
3. Financial Management – Leads the annual budget planning and development of the Creative Services Cost Center and is accountable for financial decisions on all creative services projects for the markets.
- Responsible for providing analysis and updates to management and project owners regarding project spending and determines recommendations for keeping projects on budget.
- Develops strategic recommendations for project spending allocations when necessary, especially if variance from original plan occurs. Responsible for providing variance justification for all projects +/- 10%.
- Elevates recommendations for reallocating funds within project budgets.
4. Performance Management – Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with clients, senior management and creative teams to enhance communications and overall results between all parties and ensure successful project development.
- Assesses and provides feedback to management regarding team performance. Determines when to escalate issues to department management or leadership.
- Interacts with and provides guidance to marketing and creative staff in the execution of marketing collateral.
- Directs creative professionals, which has impact and influence on outcome of all creative projects.
- Oversees engagement and collaborates with the creative team to meet and exceed client expectations.
5. Sales Force Education/Research – Develops and maintains excellent relationships with independent sales force members to provide independent sales force perspective for project development. Provides sales force feedback to clients, senior management and creative teams to ensure projects meet sales force needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, advertising or business or equivalent applicable experience, plus
a minimum of 5 years of experience in the marketing/advertising field
1. Must have demonstrated leadership skills typically acquired through 2-3 years experience leading staff in a creative services environment in order to quickly and effectively redirect projects, to coach team members and resolve conflicts as they arise.
2. Must have excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills to successfully develop projectstrategies and communicate objectives to the creative teams. Must be able to facilitate meetings with clients and creative teams and present to executive management. Diplomacy in working through interpersonal conflicts in an emotional, creative environment is necessary.
3. Proven experience in managing large accounts at an advertising agency or marketing communications environment is necessary. Familiarity with creative development process from creative strategy through print production is essential.
4. Must be assertive, results-oriented, solution-focused and possess good business judgment to effectively leadproject development.
5. Leadership and team-building qualities are essential for motivating a team of creative professionals toconsistently deliver solution-oriented creative work.
6. Must be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with independent sales force members to provide independent sales force perspective for project development.