Our ideal candidate will be a strategic, execution-oriented account manager with 2+ years' experience in an outside sales or salessupport role and have a proven track record selling IT Services and Solutions to the Financial Service industry, in a consultative sales environment. In addition to staying abreast of industry trends, our direct competition and best practices, he/she will help build and manage existing accounts by striving to understand clients' overall business requirements and technology needs.
As the Account Manager you will be responsible for providing superior client service to an existing client base while up-selling and cross-selling our suite of IT services and solutions.
- Target decision makers, including VP and C-level professionals, within the Financial Service
- Industry (Asset Management, Hedge Funds, Fund to Funds, Trading & Brokerage).
- Proactively identify and engage current and potential Clients utilizing various sales methods including email, trade shows, and social media.
- Gain a clear understanding of Clients' overall business and IT strategies; effectively communicate to our design team to develop solution-based roadmaps addressing client needs.
- Develop Client-specific strategies to identify and address Client's needs, while staying abreast
- of new opportunities to align Client's future requirements with our product set.
- Liaison with all relevant business units to secure resources required to complete task/s on time and on budget; work withmarketing initiatives by providing relevant Client feedback.
- Plan and lead sales presentations, effectively demonstrating our ability to provide value- added solutions-based strategies; clearly articulate our ability to resolve Client issues; demonstrate positive ROI of investment/s when necessary.
- Meet and/or exceed quarterly sales quotas.
- Collaborate across departmental lines to promote outstanding Client service.
- Negotiate contractual terms and conditions including price, payment terms and deliverables.
- Maintain Client database entering all relevant information daily including new sales opportunities; maintain competitor profiles.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines (willingness to work extra hours when needed).
- Be the point of contact when handling escalation requests.
- Attend network and client event functions during and after business hours.
- 2+ years of experience in an Account Management or Outside Sales role, in a consultative, solution-based environment.
- Must have project management experience including cost management and basic accounting calculations.
- Able to review and track new opportunities for the organization.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully selling to the financial service industry strongly preferred.
- Basic understanding of Technologyrequired (cloud, storage, infrastructure, and desktop).
- Excellent active listening skills and able to ask relevant questions in order to gather, document and communicate effectively with Clients and internal project stakeholders.
- Able to work on simultaneous projects (multitask) and completing tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Strong business, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical professionals including VP and C-Level professionals in a clear and concise manner.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of experience.