The Account Manager is the catalyst behind Black Box’s success as an organization. As a consultative sales professional, the Account Manager is responsible for driving revenue growth and bringing in net new business from prospects and current customers in a designated area or market.
Account Managers help solve the business needs of prospects and customers by aligning those needs and objectives with Black Box solution(s).
Account Managers own all opportunities and customers and are responsible for coordinating resources and managing the sales campaign across the entire opportunity pipeline.
- Identify customer needs and effectively understand and respond to customer objections
- Connect client’s business objectives with Black Box offerings and solutions
- Negotiate and close as many sales campaigns as possible
- Provide expertise around particular areas of interest to discuss industry best practices and development of high level strategies
- Retain current customer base and expand footprint through cross/up sell opportunities
- Effectively sell a broad portfolio of products across a wide range of industries
- Assist the customer in maximizing the return of their investment with Black Box
- Establish yourself as a ‘Trusted Advisor’ to the prospect or customer
- Partner with sales and additional pre-sales engagement members to align goals and ensure ongoing refinement
- Identify and generate leads through effective prospecting and networking
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business required or equivalent experience
- 5+ years previous business-to-businessexperience in one or more of the following areas with a documented track record of success: Account Manager, Complex and Consultative Sales Environment, or Multiple Pre-Sales Roles within the Software Vertical
- Solution selling experience in the IT services is a plus
- Excellent objection handling and negotiating abilities
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work alongside multiple team members
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal stakeholders
- Highly resourceful when need to overcome barriers and objections
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals
Requisition ID 2017-1604