Summary: Our client is a $500 million leading ingredient company who is in an aggressive growth mode! We have been retained to find a talented Regional Sales Manager in Southern, California! This will be a remote opportunity and this person should reside in this territory.
The Regional Sales Manager executes company short and long-term aggressive growth strategy through expanded wallet share in assigned customer base and developing new business; develops account plans and ensures company resources are appropriately aligned to meet customer needs and expectations; provides information and guidance to internal Customer Operations personnel related to sales activity support and customer-specific service requirements; and is responsible for meeting individual budgeted revenue and margin objectives.
- Meets or exceeds annual individual revenue and profit budget and sales quotas.
- Develops long-term regional strategy with goal of gaining market share at desired margin contribution levels.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales budget for region, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new accounts.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, market indicators, and competitors.
- Qualifies and solicits new customers and tracks progress through use of CRM.
- Utilizes Mintel/GNPD to identify additional ingredient opportunities across customer base.
- Composes individual account plans for targeted growth and top customers, demonstrating knowledge of customer?s business, identification of opportunities and risks, and action items aligned to appropriate functions.
- Negotiates contracts, pricing, and supply agreements in alignment with company pricing strategy and service capabilities.
- Supports strategic account relationships as field sales representative.
- Identifies and establishes relationships with various buying influences within assigned customer base.
- Conducts regular business reviews with customers in order to build relationships and evaluate strategies; Maintains ongoing contact with customers.
- Prepares monthly analysis of regional results, identifies specific action plans related to account performance, and provides updates on prior activity and planned activity, including customer engagement recaps.
- Provides ongoing communication to key stakeholders as it relates to market events, industry trends, business landscape, and competitive environment.
- Collaborates with Customer Operations Manager in facilitation of customer requests, pricing, samples, product information, service needs, etc.
- Provides or delegates responsibility for customer forecasts to facilitate maintaining service levels and support working capital objectives.
- Identifies and communicates specific operations support needed to maintain and grow market share.
- Provides market and customer feedback to pricing desk and category management.
- Ensures timely pricing activity, including communication to customers and recording in ERP where appropriate.
- Coordinates with the Credit Manager to establish appropriate credit policy and terms for the assigned customer base.
- Incorporates marketing initiatives across assigned customer base.
- Bachelor?s Degree in Business Administration, Food Science, Sales & Marketing, or commensurate education and/or experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of sales experience within food ingredients(selling to food manufacturers)
- Experience in sales growth strategy, customer account planning, and execution
- Demonstrated achievement of profitable sales growth
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage customer relationships
- Fluency in Microsoft Office software tools, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM systems
- Excellent presenter to internal and external stakeholders across all levels within customer and internal organizations
- Collaborative leader inspiring unity, driving teamwork, and maintaining positive relationships with regional sales and service team
- Proven leadership within a team-based matrix organization where strong leadership and communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory approximately 50 percent of the time and outside of territory as needed; must possess and maintain a valid driver?s license, ability to drive a car and fly in commercial airplanes.