At Esri, our account managers are part of a highly-skilled team that promotes and sells the adoption of the ArcGIS platform. We invite you to use your passion for the public sector and experience with geospatial technology to become an integral part of the local government account team.
We’re looking for individuals who are customer oriented and collaborative team players who enjoy identifying and implementing strategies that will radically improve the challenges governments face.
You’ll work closely with a team that helps our customers take advantage of geoanalysis to find unique patterns, trends, and hidden solutions within complex business problems.
- Build relationships. Prospect, develop, and implement location strategies for organizations. Maintain a healthy pipeline of business growth opportunities. Leverage social media to build your professional network. Participate in trade shows, workshops, and seminars. Foster a cooperative selling environment with Esri's robust network of business partners.
- Understand our customers. Demonstrate industry knowledge and its relevance to the application of GIS. Identify key stakeholders and business drivers for an organization. Understand customer budgeting and acquisition processes.
- Be an expert. Clearly articulate the strength and value of the ArcGIS platform as it relates to the public sector. Pursue professional and personal development to ensure competitive knowledge.
- Deliver results. Successfully execute the account management and sales processes for all opportunities. Establish time-driven goals that are attainable and realistic with clear indicators.
- Collaborate with your team. Leverage your domain knowledge when working with cross-divisional teams to define and execute account strategies. Be motivated, and resourceful, and take initiative to resolve issues. Use whiteboard sessions to support visual storytelling.
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience providing platform solutions to governments
- Experience in managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Ability to effectively translate knowledge of the public sector and new technology trends into real solutions for customers
- Able to negotiate, present, and support visual storytelling across all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of the government fiscal year, budgeting, and procurement cycles
- Experience with insight selling methodologies, including understanding and mitigating threats
- Ability to travel domestically up to 50%
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, geography, business administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of GIS, the ArcGIS platform, and the public sector as they relate to one another
- General knowledge of spatial analysis and how it is used for problem solving