ABB is seeking an Account Manager- Large Projects Construction & End-User Sales for its Plainville, Connecticut location. Account Manager- Large Projects Construction & End-User Sales will be responsible to serve as Large Projects Construction and End-User Sales Account Manager for the Electrification Products Division within assigned CT & Western Mass territory with customer base assigned by the C&I Manager. Grow business across the assigned region and develop relationships that are mutual win - win for contractors, End-Users and Channel Partners to drive ABB market share to number one in the CT market.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serve as local lead for Contractor & End-User sales within your assigned customer base ensuring ABB products and solutions are presented at a high level to gain credibility leading to sales, profit, and market share growth.
• Required to understand the market and customer base in depth while owning your relationships and driving high quality solutions for the betterment of both organizations, while maintaining a high level of integrity.
• Develop business relationships with customer executives as required, inform them of ABB's technological developments, new products and solutions. Assist them to resolve complex problems, achieve cost savings and optimize their operations.
• Responsible for all products within ABB EP and PG divisions sold in construction and end-user markets. Responsible, for all LV product components and engineered systems coupled with MV switchgear, transformers and product components while driving collaboration across other divisions.
• Accountable for high level of distributor channel interaction, you will be required to work with distributors daily and develop win-win scenarios for both parties on multiple types of interactions, projects, stock, and across a diverse customer base.
• Participate in planning efforts in conjunction with other ABB Sales and Business Development Managers in assigned territory, representing construction and end-user markets, and Channel Account Plans as required, along with technical solutions, and recommendations as directed.
• Required to develop relationships with local ABB services teams and drive profitable sales for our services business at your local customer base. Services will be a large focus for our district and you will be expected to drive growth and profitability on your quoted projects to help drive service coverage for the area.
• Responsible and accountable to work with legal teams on T&C's and NDA requirement flow downs to ABB and you, maintaining compliance always.
• Support ABB Customer base in the Northeast district when requested by management based on technical needs of the team and your individual skill sets.
• Utilize and support US ABB Packaging/SEPS team to grow sales with your customer base and deliver total solutions to the market.
• Responsible and accountable for clean project takeoffs, solid technical solutions, and high-quality project handoff during up-front review meetings before project management receives the order. Required, to be part of the solution to drive high quality quotations and PM management through detailed communication both written and verbal.
• Monitor project activity through Industrial Info for projects in planning stage to ensure you are working with End-Users, local FAE for consultants, and customers on specifications designed around ABB products and capabilities.
• Act as ABB "forward observer" by reporting ABB product gaps, product opportunities, market trends, and market opportunities to ABB's Sr. Management and ABB's Product Management.
• Develop and deliver training classes to educate your customers on technical industry topics and product specific solutions based on their pain points.
• Routinely identify and resolve technical and commercial conflicts and constraints, ensuring dispute and mitigating back charge at all costs.
• Assist with ABB legal team regarding quotation terms and conditions, including Liquidated Damages and deliverables.
• Promote ABB EP Services on every project to leverage orders and revenues from spare parts, commissioning, training, preventative maintenance contracts and engineering studies.
• Must work well within a team environment and possess excellent communication skills.
• Candidate must be willing to travel 20% of the time outside assigned geographical area.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) with a minimum 10 years of experience with large contractor sales