Account Manager - IT Services - Manufacturing / Retail Vertical
The Account Manager is responsible for delivering quality account management and business optimization through the effective management and development of a team of Project Managers. The Account Manager sets the business direction for their team and acts as an evangelist for the company. The business environment demands that the Account Manager demonstrates a capability to plan and manage for both short and longer-term goals.
1. Business Performance
Develop new business sales through our strategic relationship with the client. Support the sales team in delivering the agreed quarterly and annual revenue and yield targets for the manufacturing vertical/BU.
Negotiate changes to pricing and contractual arrangements in agreement with line management or as required to maximize the revenue growth potential.
Act as an ambassador for Firm. Ensure client is handled to the highest standards of customer service.
2. Business Management
Create an annual Account Management Plan and revenue mix, resource requirements, deployment and development plans for the team.
Develop a comprehensive understanding of the clients business. Influence customer personnel at all levels
Provide operational KPI forecasts in the agreed format and within required accuracy targets and actively monitor and manage within the team
Deliver against all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)-
· Revenue Growth
· Gross Margin improvement
Implement a win/loss review process within the team so that successes are shared and celebrated and learning is distilled from losses
Conduct regular business reviews with and participate in strategic account and opportunity reviews with Project Managers.
Leverage personal network of contacts within the Client to create a recruitment pipeline
3. People Management
Complete Commitments for all direct reports
Create Development plans for all direct reports in line with the conmpany's development paths
Conduct regular reviews of the Commitments and Development plans and document mid-year and annual review summaries and feedback
Plan and schedule regular feedback and coaching support to individuals in the team to continually improve performance
Assist and advise team members on career options and career development
4. Personal and Professional Development
Seek feedback from a variety of sources to improve performance and develop capability and continuously evolve personal and professional capability in line with business needs
Basic Qualifications & Experience:
· At least 7 years of experience in developing new business sales through our strategic relationship with the client
· Create an annual Account Management Plan and revenue mix, resource requirements, deployment and development plans for the team.
· Support the sales team in delivering the agreed quarterly and annual revenue and yield targets for the vertical/BU
· Conduct regular business reviews with and participate in strategic account and opportunity reviews with Project Managers.
· Create Development plans for all direct reports in line with the Company's development paths
Key Success Criteria
· Deliver against all KPIs
· Reach and exceed the revenue target
· Drive process adherence within the Team
· Maintain excellent customer/partner satisfaction whilst maximizing revenue growth
· Drive customer / partner satisfaction initiatives to deliver optimal relationships and loyalty.