International SOS has an exciting opportunity for an Account Manager in the Chicago region. In this role, you will be the lead client engagement as single point of contact for any and all matters specific to an assigned book of named accounts. Drive timely renewals, achieve and exceed gross profit targets through client retention, price and population increases and upselling of further defined products and services to existing clients.
- Lead all aspects of 365 day engagement for an assigned book of clients to drive utilization, client satisfaction, profitable growth and timely renewal of existing business
- Meet assigned targets for growth of the renewal book and add-on account extensions
- Facilitate the involvement of company resources, including support, operations, business development, subject matter experts, commercial desk, legal, and management resources to meet account performance objectives and client expectations
- Escalate concerns directly impacting a client or the ability to effectively renew and grow a client
- Acquire an understanding of the assigned accounts and provide value added client and industry-specific medical and security knowledge within a consultative selling framework to become the client's Trusted Advisor
- Understand customer needs, requirements and market trends, identify buying influences and develop contacts at the highest appropriate levels within clients
- Work with Client Service Manager to ensure up-to-date client operations and billing procedures, utilization reporting, contract review, onboarding, invoicing and AR collections
- Ensure regular face to face client meetings
- Complete a minimum of number of face to face client meetings each month (as agreed with the Regional VPs and VP of Account Management)
- Ensure real time update of all client related activities into Salesforce.com including performing the following activities:
- Manage the renewal pipeline from the start of all engagements with clients with timely updating of any changes (i.e. sales stage, renewal call, next time-bound advance, brokers/insurers, and competitors)
- Build and maintain a pipeline with timely updating of opportunities (i.e., sales stage, probability, close date, and next time-bound advance)
- Track 365 day engagement activities with client points of contact, providing detailed information on what was discussed and next advance
- Flag any DNR risk clients and own the creation/execution of tactical action plans to safeguard retention
- Continually evaluate progress within the market/assigned territory against pipeline objectives, revenue and profit targets, and client plans
- Ensure the professional standard of all written all client proposals, tender documents and communication is adhered to, in line with company standards and pricing procedures
- Bachelor's Degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years proven track record working in a client facing role and delivering a high level of client satisfaction.
- Experience with SalesForce.
- Exposure to working in a global sales environment.
- Direct B2B solution/consultative selling experience is an advantage
Skills / Knowledge
- Consultative / solution selling skills based on a recognized methodology such as SPIN
- Client focused with the ability to establish strong relationships and the drive, attitude and ability to maintain and grow them
- Good strategic thinker with strong planning and organization skills and the ability to recommend solutions tailored to client's requirements and overcome challenges confidently
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously, including activity planning and renewal pipeline management
- Achievement-oriented with excellent listening, negotiating and presentation skills
- Strong individual who can work autonomously and within a team to deliver results
- Ability to research and successfully gather all the required / relevant information relating to a client and/or contact to support each stage of the sales process
- Excellent numeric, written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM applications)
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness. Ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment where collaboration is the norm
- Ability to objectively assess own performance and implement self-development plans