What will I be doing?
As Account Manager, you will delightfully take full ownership a 15 state Community College book of business which requires your exceptional skills at driving account renewals as well as developing new opportunities for growing the business. While reporting to the Regional Sales Director right here in Ann Arbor, you will also be a part a dynamic sales organization motivated by the opportunity to propose creative solutions to some of today’s most challenging problems for Libraries, Educational Institutions, and Researchers across the country.
If you’re driven to provide solutions, deliver value, and make a good living doing it, keep reading! This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for…
In this position, you will also...
• Own the assigned territory and individual account plan coordination
• Focus on new and renewal business as part of expanding ProQuest’s footprint within the account
• Lead RFP coordination and development
• Manage full portfolio forecast (renewals and new business) including specialty products and content
• Maintain a good working knowledge of products especially in core content
• Lead content demonstrations, engaging product specialists for product-specific demonstrations.
• Ensure account plan is making progress and is aligned to other objectives in the account.
• Manage the overall health of the account; coordinating routine checkpoints, handling business reviews, participating in new product roadmap discussions, and engaging in client meetings.
• Ensure client satisfaction; relying on product specialists to drive specialty product issues
Reasons you should apply...
1. You enjoy the comradery of a close-knit team
2. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and you love being accountable for your own success
3. You have a passion for consultative selling and customer service
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer to work at your own pace and fast-paced environments sound unfriendly and un-fun
2. The words “Quota” and “Sales Target” make your skin crawl!
3. You prefer to connect with people ‘face to face’ and not, ‘screen to screen’.
4. The thought of using Excel and creating pivot tables brings on cold sweats and severe anxiety.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelors’ degree plus 5 years’ related experience as a sales professional or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proven success in selling and closing customers, creating value, and managing a pipeline.
• Successful sales negotiation skills at every level within client organizations, with experience influencing and selling to the executive level decision-maker.
• Capable of engaging in key probing questions for specialty products and can promote key value propositions
• Able to clearly and compellingly articulate full ProQuest value proposition.